Used 2009 Ford Expedition Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford Expedition Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:

Love my 09 Expedition
By MS

2009 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Bought this car with 82000 on it in 2015. It's an EL and you can't beat the roominess, the comfort, the leather, etc. The mileage is not bad for such a big truck - solid real 11-12 in stop and go. Up to 18-20 if all highway. Mix gives solid 14-15 depending. My 2014 Durango (too small and weird shifting) only did a little better 14-15 in traffic and low 20s on the road. We liked the 09 Expedition so much we traded the Durango for a used 2015 Expedition. Which is also great, albeit mileage with the turbo is say 3 or 4 mpg better. Have 93000 on my 2009 now and I expected we'll get to 150,000 for sure. You can get a good price on a used one so let someone else eat the first and second (or more) years depreciation.

Love it
By paula

2009 Ford Expedition Limited 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

The Expedition Limited has been a great vehicle for our family of 5. We haven't had any mechanical issues and it drives like a dream. The gas mileage isn't too bad for this type of vehicle. I have considered downsizing but I have a hard time giving up the luxury. I really like the look and comfort.

Door key pad, pedals that accommodate short people, room, overall look.

Possibly front alarm but otherwise nothing.

Bad dash
By rudy

2009 Ford Expedition Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Living in Nevada the dash gauges need to be redesigned. At night its fine you could see the dash but during the day with the sun it is difficult to see especially with the lights on We have many roads that require daylight lights on driving. Also with the chrome on the dash it reflects in my mirrors. Plus the amount of fiberglass parts I am afraid if I got hit I would be sitting on the chassis. Not like my 2000 Expedition steel bumpers etc.

There are many folding mirrors for one.

Fix the dash

2009 ford expedition
By Johnny Wishbone

2009 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Just purchased a 2009 Ford Expedition 2 wheel drive. Had it home for a day and the transmission broke. The dealer had it for a week and fixed it then it broke again while they test drove it. Had it for a couple more days. They gave me an antifreeze flush for free but still not sure about the transmission. Going on a big trip, I hope it makes it. still under warranty but will wreck the vacation if it fails. I paid $ 25k for it , Is that good? Say a prayer for me. I am going to need it.

It has a peppy engine, Nice looking style, It turns heads so it must be a good thing

Needs more back seat room between the passengers and the front seat. I owned a 2001 expedition and it had lots more room then the 2009, could also use a couple more inches off the ground being a 2wd. cheesy tail pipe

Love it for the most Part!!
By Cargile4

2009 Ford Expedition Limited 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

We had looked at the expeditions before buying a Yukon XL. Went from that to a prius and then finally found the expedition, should have bought one in the first place. Never been a ford person but I love this car. It handles well, it's cozy, and there is plenty of room in the third row. One of the best features is the ease of getting in and out of the third row. One thing to consider is more storage SOMEWHERE. The console is good size, but that is it. There isn't anything for an emergency kit, first air, nothing. I have my owners manual in between my seat and the console so I can use the gb for other things. With the ac seats there isn't even any under there. Otherwise I LOVE LOVE IT!

The sync is nice for MP3. I like the ease of getting in and out of the third row, and the look of the vehicle is sweet!!

Maybe some sort of storage under the cup holder console area. I know there are a lot of wires and such under there, but that is a huge area where a storage drawer could be. Some storage in the back around the jack compartment. Storage in the windows in the back. Things just roll around there!!