Used 2008 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews

Used Escape for Sale
Select your model:
12345...47

Pros
Cons

Poor Gas Mileage

Mark, 08/22/2009
XLT 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought our 2008 Escape used with only 8000km on it. No real problems except bad gas mileage. The gas tank is too small and no matter how easy I drive this car I can't even get 500km on a tank. I should be at least getting 600km on a tank. Only had it in to the dealer for regular oil changes and one warranty problem. Has a whining sound now that I have to get checked.

56k miles on Escape XLT and blown head gasket!!

mariposa7684, 12/08/2012
XLT 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Between last oil change/inspection @dealership (everything looked good), and the one this week, car developed an oil leak. No oil on driveway to tip me off. Leakage seen when car on lift-oil was being sprayed on underside. Since source of leak not readily obvious, had dye test done. When car seen yesterday, quite a bit of oil had leaked out. Test points to blown head gasket. Aside from leak, had absolutely no indication there was a problem: no heavy exhaust, no idiot lights on. The bright side is that it was caught before I broke down, killed the engine, etc. I'm posting this mainly to vent. One thing is for absolute sure: I will never, ever buy another Ford.

Stop Safely now

josephcallendr, 05/22/2013
Limited 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have been driving my parents 2008 ford escape hybrid for the past 6 months twice i have had the problem where a lights comes on and on the dashboard it says to stop safely now and the engine huts off and i have to coast to the side of the road and turn the car on and off again it is really scary and not safe when that happens

2008 Ford Escape XLT

Rb_osu, 11/03/2015
XLT 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Bought the 2008 Escape new in 2007. Loved it until about last year when we started to get nickeled and dimed on repairs. To be expected of an older car I suppose. Electrical in drivers seat went out. Front end rods needed replaced. Starter was going bad. Some of the interior was also wearing. Given the years we lived out west and now in the south, I suppose the oppresive heat likely accelerated these issues as I know people who have 2004 escapes and have had none of these issues. In the end we ultimately traded it in for a bigger vehicle as we added to our family & needed the space.

Leaking Transmission Cooler

jmh, 02/04/2010
XLT 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

At 39000 miles the transmission cooler is leaking transmission fluid. As you may have noticed this is a common issue that Ford is well aware of and is doing nothing about. It was close to $900 to repair (not covered under my warranty). I was upset and filed a complaint. I got a response and they were sorry to hear about my issues with my 2008 Edge (which I don't own). They then told me I should take it to a Ford Dealer to have the problem diagnosed. In my complaint I explained to them the fact it was already diagnosed and being fixed. They have poor quality products and poor quality service. I am from Detroit and was trying to do the right thing buying a Ford. That will not happen again.

12345...47