Used 2010 Ford Edge SUV Consumer Reviews - 65 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Edge SUV

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Leading Edge?
By Leading Edge

2010 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Traded in my 07 Maxima cause it was to low. I really like the ride height of the Edge and the noise level is about the same or better than the Maxima. I do miss some of the features, mostly the stereo. Ford really missed the mark on this one. The digital display is directly from the 80's, even though satellite radio equipped. Even Hyundai uses a LCD display instead of Green/Black read out. Overall I am pleased with the vehicle and will probably replace the radio asap.

Ride, size, turning radius,

Radio, rims, power windows auto up on both front doors, bright white headlights.

Happy Edge Owner
By Marc

2010 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After having a bad experience purchasing a pre-owned vehicle in Wayne a few years back I was extremely cautious about purchasing a new vehicle, but Rt. 23 Ford put all my worries to rest. I happily purchased a new Edge truck, which I knew rather little about, other than what the commercials told me. Turns out, I absolutely love it. It's everything my sales person told me it would be. It has great mileage and it’s such a dream to drive. I received top notch service, and a great monthly price for my lease. All of the staff that worked with me to get what I wanted were sincere and honest. I have no problem with them gaining a profit because they truly earned it.

Hands-free music control

Superior to my 07 Highlander
By B N

2010 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Traded in my 07 Toyota Highlander in May 2010. Just turned 6,000 mi. This EDGE has more power,excellent ride & much better on fuel(26 hwy/21 around town) and good looks. With all the rebates & dealing 23,200 before trade in. Glad to be back buying AMERICAN. Ford has a winner here.

Performance & Fuel Economy

Throw away the black door handles & window trim moldings. They should match the vehicle color

2010 Edge Lemon
By William O.

2010 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

5 Hours after buying this, systems started failing. It has been in the shop for a full 32 days and 3 mornings. The sunroof rattles, tranny failed, brake rotors failed (2600 miles), GPS system failed (Media, Phone, Radio and Nav screens lock/glitch), Iphone is incompatible, seat loses memory, USB failed, and tire pressure sensors failed. I have been battling Ford to fix these problems, and now I am trying to get them to take it back. I had a meeting with a Cust serv rep and field engineer that was a choreographed farce. The engineer who decides if they take it back himself dropped the ball back in April. I have now filed for BBB and NYS AG's arbitration. I don't trust this vehicle. 5500 miles.

Color

Read the above. Their customer service needs drastic improvement. I know people who had similar situations with other car companies, and they replaced their vehicles right away. Why not Ford?

My 2010 Ford Edge is a Lemon
By William O.

2010 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Since I bought it, the tire sensors, Nav system, sunroof, USB, door, power seat, transmission and brakes have all failed. I have 5500 miles on. I have lost it for service 32 days and 3 mornings. Ford has been a nightmare to deal with. Stories, lies, refusal to fix/replace systems etc. I finally had a meeting with cust serv, which was a choreographed show and waste of time. They can't fix everything and won't take it back.

GPS/Sync system, when it's working

Just about everything, I guess. Also, the headlamps are not bright enough and the brakes are weak.