Used 2001 Daewoo Lanos Sedan Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Daewoo Lanos Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lanos model:

Best car ever
By leothelion89

2001 Daewoo Lanos Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I have had the car since it was new. Bought it right off the showroom floor in October of 2000. In the 14 years of owning it its only needed minor maintence. In 2001 and in 2002 it needed brakes both times as the factory brakes were defective from the beginning. It needed more brakes in 2009 when a mechanical failure occured. In 2008 it needed a new battery the OEM battery lasted 8 yrs, In 2013 it needed brake lines and a brake hose and in 2014 it needed a new thermostat. All in all this car is great it is dependable and it has lasted most of 14 years on just oil changes. Only problem ive had with it is the fact the A/C never worked from the getgo

The only thing i can list here (as it the base model with no features whatsoever, is that it came with a Automatic Transmission

The optional Digital Clock, CD Player and Tilt Wheel should of been STANDARD equipment. It should of also carried over the standard Daytime Running Lights that was only a feature on the 1999 Lanos.

LoveALanos
By MyLanos

2001 Daewoo Lanos Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I was interested in a hyundai excel until i test drove the daewoo lanos and fell in love. It is a great little car, and the only thing i have replaced in the 4 years i have had it is the battery.I am glad i went with daewoo now as a friend bought the hyundai excel and has had nothing but probs with it.The daewoo lanos is better on fuel, has less road noise, and is actually faster, and to top it all off our family of four fit perfectly in it. Greatest purchase i ever made.Even the hubby(ford ute man) loves to drive it and i have trouble getting the keys back off him! The only problem i have found is the headlights arent that great, even after putting better globes in but all up,i love my lanos

Room Fuel economy Central Locking Driving it!

Headlights

Not that great of a car.
By Vash

2001 Daewoo Lanos Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The car breaks down when ever it wants, the mpg is not that great, i can go from corbin to london and have a full tank and it is on half. The handling is fine... but over all this car stinks, you cant find parts for it most of the time, if you need a part for it... good luck... i could not find a damn thing on it. So please get a car that you can fix if you break, cause this car is not going to do you any good if something breaks, the transmission codes on it cant be read on most gauges.... Good luck to all that has one.

The body is fine... thats about it.

Air conditioning, Parts for the damn thing...

Great Experience my first time around
By RACH

2001 Daewoo Lanos Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

When I bought the car (my first) I was very skeptical, but I have never regretted it for a minute. I have had my 'woo for almost three years and it has never broken down, and has only needed its regular maintenance. I've driven it across the Midwest at least three times, and from Missouri to New York and back without a care. The only issue I have had to deal with was a recall on a small part in the engine, which was replaced at no cost. It is very easy to drive, and runs just fine in winter weather. Stinks that parts are getting scarce if I do have a break.

Seat adjustments are nice for short ladies like me, and the gas mileage is great. Another thing I've always loved is that my car can't be locked from the outside on the driver's side without the key, so I never lock myself out.

The cupholder blocking the stereo seems to be an issue with many owners. Also, I am concerned about the safety of my vehicle if I was in a wreck. I know it's not done well in that area.

I Love My Daewoo!
By Momma_84

2001 Daewoo Lanos Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've only had the Lanos, Daewoo for less than a month. I really like the car because the size, comfort, and style. It only takes $20.00 to fill it up. The gas mileage is great. I get around 23-28 miles to gallon and on long trips I'm sure I'll get even better. The steering is very tight and when ever you turn the wheel you better make sure you want to turn then because that's what you are going to do. I just like the over all experience that I have had with my car already.

The looks, even though it may be a small car it looks like a very expensive model. I love the gas mileage!

I would like to see the ride a little more comfortable. It can be a little bumpy.