Used 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 SS Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Silverado 1500 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Love My SS

Armando Pagan, 12/24/2005

I am on the road in my truck an average of 4 hours a day. I am a very hard driver and the truck has been at wide open throttle since the day it left the dealership. There is now 53000 miles on my truck and I am extremely impressed by the way the truck is holding up. I have had many vehicles that had to be discarded becuase of my driving habits. This one is a keeper!

Great SS

Jim and Pam, 11/02/2003

This vehicle is fun to drive! The performance and handling is great. We have gone on long trips with it. It is very comfortable and easy to drive. We owned a 96 Impala SS and the Silverado SS is the best. It is an all weather and versatile vehicle. It is close to the GMC C3. However is has more standard features. We love it. We have been looking for a vehicle like this for a long time. Great job Chevrolet.

Silverado SS

dcairns, 04/02/2003

Rather pricey, but it has every gadget in the Chevy parts bin. The only thing missing is excess power I wanted. Sadly that is still Ford's domain. There is plenty of power, great cornering and AWD for sure traction. The ride is firm but smooth and generally comfortable. There is a harmonic bouncing on some concrete freeways. Cab noise is very low. The rear view mirror is a bit low for me, blocking forward view at the horizon line. The sun visor in the side position, blocks too much of my view left. The truck has a solid feel to it and I have found no flaws in the exterior metal work or paint. The styling is well suited for the SS and looks great.

Fun to Drive

bryan Sipes, 12/07/2003

This truck is fun to drive. Just watching someones head turn as it goes by is a reassuring feeling that you bought a good truck. The handling and performace are excellent with the lowerd suspension and the 345 hp, 6.0 liter.

Awesome SS

MikeF, 04/27/2007

Love this truck. It gives the feel and capability of a truck but the look of a high performance vehicle so head turning is always happening. It's a good professional looking business vehicle that you can throw your Harley in as well. Always getting compliments!

boring exterior

jeffrety, 09/29/2003

should of been more flair to the exteior of this vehicle. no fog lamps and no real contour to the sides of the vehicle. should of put 19's int he front and 20's in the back for a better angle of the trucks appearance... overall a great vehicle fun to drive and head snapping power a little lite on the top end though top speed is 110mph a little boring for us that dont care anout spped limits.

bad bow-tie

mac daddy, 04/20/2003

This truck is built for fun. The lightning will not come out with 500 ponies, it will back to the 380-390hp or what ever it is. Supercharger on a chevy and see what the numbers say. The short wheel base model for next year with a supercharger will blow a lightning out of the water, just watch and see. The 500 ponies on the ford is a concept, and we all know how concepts work. Ford is scared to produce a truck with 500 ponies, watch and see, it will be back to the small 5.4 and that little supercharger.

best in the world

rwea1, 02/01/2003

chevy is all the way. Better than the lightning. Best v8 there is.

Had To Have One

BigBobBl, 06/12/2003

WOW!!! Saw one yesterday in a mall parking lot....HAD to buy one TODAY. AWESOME AWD. Looked at the standard Lightning...was impressed, but just couldn't buy. Drove the Harley- Davidson model too...didn't like the sound of the supercharger at full tilt. Too noisy. It shrieked like it was coming apart. Plus I didn't like the bucket seats out back. Ths styling is controversal....having owned many Fords over the years, I loved the clean styling of the Chevy. I also liked the Hemi from Dodge, but the Chevy SS won out overall. Hope it holds up to all the hype. I think the gas mileage is the best of all 3. Fords are always THIRSTY, and Premium is required.

2003 Silverado SS: Fun and Functional

Bryan C, 06/11/2003

Okay guys, here's the real scoop on SS performance. I'm just back from Palm Springs where I hauled my 23 foot travel trailer 120 miles with my new SS. 12.9 mpg while pulling 2 tons+ of trailer (and I wasn't even trying to be conservative!). I set the cruise control at 60 mph, pushed on the trailering button and let it go on its own. To get that kind of performance out of a vehicle thats rated at 13 mpg city and 17 mpg highway is awesome! My personal modifications: electric brake control (for trailering), SnugTop solid tonneau cover and carpet kit to the bed. Now, all I've left to do is tint the windows!

51050