Used 2008 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews - 113 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Equinox

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Paint bubbling not covered by warranty
By mollyj

2008 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Really love the 2008 Equinox but on a trip this winter, the computer burned up and at that time we noticed three bubbles on the hood. When we returned home we pointed out the bubbles to our dealer and he said it was not covered under warranty. If warranty states bumper to bumper, doesn't that include paint.

problems
By jebnurse05

2008 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Not quite 2 years old yet, problems with front door locks, yesterday problem with engine misfire on cylinder #1-- $143 to change a freaking spark plug and plug wire!! water in drivers side floorboard--don't know where that is coming from, haven't checked spare tire storage area--I will after reading the reviews--spilled drinks from cupholders onto window controls--now are hard to use--sticky--I traded in a Buick Rendezvous for this---I miss my Buick but not the electrical problems that I was having with it--am beginning to wonder if I went from bad to worse

Roominess. Appearance. Price.

Removable back seats or at least fold completely flat--move the window controls and the cell phone charger location--why would a plug and plug wire short out to cause a misfire on cylinder #1???? Looks like it has been an ongoing problem from the reviews that I have read. Better original tires

I would buy another one
By lt9599

2008 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I am very happy with my purchase. This vehicle drives well in the snow and rain. I love the AWD, and the wide wheel base. The chrome package makes it look cooler than the the standard LT models.

drives great in the snow

the front cupholder could be improved, and extra storage compartment would be nice in the front

My Favorite Vehicle
By LoveMyEquinox

2008 Chevrolet Equinox Sport 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a gently used 2008 Chevy Equinox Sport last year. I searched long and hard to find a bad review about it, and could only find a few complaints about the location of the window controls and the cup holders. I LOVE my truck! It gets good gas mileage (~19-26 mpg). The engine is very responsive. Traction is great. Drives like a dream. People who occasionally borrow my vehicle cannot believe it is "Chevrolet". One commented how my Sport drives more like a Mercedes. It is roomy and comfy. I even fit a full-sized futon in it last year as I helped a friend move! It was difficult to locate a used Sport, but it was worth the wait. Plan to drive it for years.

Fold-down front seat. Fold down-back seats. Cup holders galore. Huge back cargo area. Tons of personal space and leg room(especially in the back seats-- kids are not kicking my seat anymore). Smart interior. Blue dashboard backlighting. Heated leather seats. REMOTE START--awesome! Price tag.

I will buy another Equinox Sport when the time comes. I want a black one. My only problem with the truck so far is that both interior, visor mirror covers broke off with normal, gentle use. I have just left them off, knowing that replacements would be just as flawed. No other complaints.

Should be a lot better
By rjd

2008 Chevrolet Equinox Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This car is terrible. Always had GM vehicles. This one is terrible. It slides in the rain, no one knows why. Never happened with my Blazer or Jimmy. Dealership has been a pain. Owed me more for truck trade won't give up $1000. GM said they would still waiting. I will never buy GM again. Hello Tokyo...

None

Put the best tires on a vehicle not junk that doesn't hold the road in the rain. This car slides in turns on wet roads at least a dozen times since ownership. GM can't explain it. The dealership has been no help either. I am not racing. But even the tire ratings show it it bad in wet traction.