Used 2005 Chevrolet Aveo Consumer Reviews - 159 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Aveo

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

Rockin The AvEO and LOVIN IT!
By Rockin the AVEO

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I got this to be just a driver until I found the car I wanted. I recently came out of a very very nice Mercedes (many nice luxury cars in a row) and am VERY picky. I am surprised and thrilled with my gas mileage. I love my funky color (one of the reasons it caught my eye) and so much space...all of my cars had been two seaters until now. I needed another car with more space for various reasons...and this little car gives it to me!...and CHEAP!!! I have only had it a short while but I do very long commutes and plan on keeping this even if I get another luxury car. I like that it is such a "green" vehicle... and by buying used I am recycling!!! I LOVE IT and my friends think it is adorable!!!

Cupholders! I use the one for the back seat! The extra 12V (did you know the cigarette lighter is supposedly only 8V?) I need to charge two things often, the rear wiper blade!, THE COLOR!!! (Aqua! and I love spicy orange and yellow), GAS mileage!!!!, I use the hold button (I live in the mountains)

I wish mine had cruise control and leatherette, better speakers, auto entry, sunroof, (although i think that is all available now), so without all of that I still think it is a GREAT value for the money! ENJOY your Aveo as much as I enjoy mine!!! ...and help the environment with greener cars!!!

3 deer later...
By Mean Salmon

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This was my 4th car, and I had a SUV before hand. I wanted something better on gas and found my Aveo. Its been a great car, although my friends give me a hard time about it, I can always remind them that I pay a fraction in gas and car payments that they do. I've had it almost 3 years and have hit 3 deer (ahh life in the country). Glad to report most damage ever done was a dented hood and a cracked head light. By far the best car I have ever owned, its good on mileage and handles great.

Its a sharp little car that can fit into tight parking spots and parallel parking is never a worry.

Not too Shabby
By ahartney

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car is overall pretty dependable. I drive it to and from work everyday, regularly change the oil and haven't had any major issues up until now. Last night, was driving and heard a pop. I looked under the hood and it had sprayed coolant all over, starting from the passenger side near the air filter box. Turns out that a lot of Aveo owners have had the same issue. The factory thermostat housing is made of plastic and is held together with glue. Mine basically separated into two pieces right at the gasket. Options are buy an aluminum one for approx. $100.. ($91.78 plus tax from the dealer) or use plastic weld to glue it back together. By the way...parts are only carried by the dealer.

Replace thermostat housing with aluminum instead of factory plastic

Piece of junk
By Big Mistake

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

you name it it has gone out or broke while driving. I git this for my daughter hoping this would be a good car.,. All I can say is thank god she is alive and hasn't been killed by the crap of a car they chevy put out. There was a reason I don't but chevy's.

none

Give money invest back would be Nice so a I could get her a safe car to drive.

2006 Chev Aveo LT
By Mike

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have had no problems with my car and I believe that when bought I drove it slower and allowed the engine to break in for the first 800 miles. Also every 3000 miles I have the oil changed. As of today I have no problems it continues to go 65-70mph down 95 as smooth as ever. I'll trade it in next year for a newer Aveo.

stick shift, can't see having an automatic in a small car

none, my daughter just purchased a 2009 Aveo and has all the toys. Perfect for college.