Used 2008 Buick Enclave SUV Consumer Reviews - 261 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Buick Enclave SUV

View reviews for a specific Enclave model:

Don't Walk Away... RUN
By dblanchf

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this vehicle brand new in 2008. Thank God it came with a 5 year 100,000 mile warranty because we used it. Tires wore quickly even with Michellins and averaged about $1300.00 to replace. Brakes and rotors needed to be replaced and that was just under $1000. I thought that was outrageous until I've heard of people paying more than that for brakes! To top it all off, transmission failed on the freeway at 73,000 going up north with NO warning. Luckily it was covered by warranty, but even the technician said to get rid of it as soon as the warranty expires. I am a believer in the saying "you get what you pay for." Not with this car. Save yourself the hassle, stress, and money.

Comfortable ride, cargo space, safety.

Discontinue it and start over...

2008 enclave worth a sac of potatos
By 100334665

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My husband bought this car for far more than it is worth, the sunroof leaks water directly into the fuse box which corrodes the relays causing the gages and all the electrical system to shut down. On a 200 mile trip smoke was coming out from the interior and smelled like burnt wires. Took it to the dealership several times only to have them say it is not covered by the warranty or that they cant find a problem. Now at 74000+ miles the transmission has given out. Thank God for the extended warranty. Service engine light comes on and off as it pleases. Had it serviced and the Service Stabilitrak
and the Traction Control lights came on. Not worth the money being spent. Save yourself the stress

This vehicle is visually appealing very nicely designed but not worth the money and stress. Vehicle doesn't drive on looks and the engine,wiring and the transmission were all poorly engineered.

More power steering woes
By tychain

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CX 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Our very first American made vehicle.
My wife's dream SUV.
73,000 miles she calls me in tears because she is in a parking lot and can't turn the steering wheel and cars are beeping at her and she has a 2 and 4 year old in the car and pregnant with out 3rd child. (the whole reason for getting this vehicle)
We have owned it for 8 days...

I drive to the store where she is and I can barely turn the wheel! I check the power steering fluid... its fine.

Well, to make a long story short. I checked on the internet and found all the other stories about power steering problems and now, $2200 later we have out car back. THIS NEEDS A RECALL!!!

Liked The Enclave Until Transmission Failed
By meycro

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CX 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My 2008 Enclave recently required a new transmission.
This after only 70,000 miles and several other expensive repairs.
Until recently
when people would ask me how I liked it I responded, 'I like the way it drives but it's expensive to keep running.
Now that the transmission failed, costing over $5,000 installed, I tell everyone this will be that last GM vehicle I will own.
I will probably go back to a foreign made brand.
It's a shame.

Steering noise
By txhawgfan50

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I am losing confidence in my 08 Enclave after 2 fairly expensive and out of warranty repairs.
Aug 2013- I notice an intermittent whining noise while driving.
Take care in and tell mechanic I think brake pad wear indicators are responsible and viola-I need front and rear brake replacement at a cost of $900.
Well, I think, at least the whine ill be gone.
But no!
The whine returns and is more frequent.
Then I notice a clear, oily leak towards left rear of car.
Take car in and viola- I need rack and pinion replacement on a car with 83,000 miles.
This repair comes in at $1100 and not under warranty.
This steering issue seems to be a theme with the 08 Enclave.
Will never buy GM again!