Used 2014 BMW X5 Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 BMW X5 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X5 model:

Refined and improved
By Gahighlander

2014 BMW X5 xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

Terrific road car. The BMW X5 was significantly improved for 2014 and later models. Evolutionary styling. Great handling and performance with better sound insulation. A little thirsty but versatile with useful storage. Some of the electronic controls take a while to learn and master and could be more intuitive.

X5 with V 8 and all wheel drives has deep strong a
By Steven

2014 BMW X5 xDrive50i 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 8A)

Motor and handling top notch. Trim and interior luxurious and sturdy. GPS decent but not great. BMW turned the traffic off after 3 years which I was not expecting and I did not purchase more out of principle. Now you can buy a car with the apple car play app and get better maps and traffic as a benefit of your phone.

WOW WOW WEEEEEE
By john drennon

2014 BMW X5 sDrive35i 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

It is a premium car if repairs are needed, so proper maintenance is essential. BUT, it is a wonderful automobile. Lot's of extras, a sound system like none other, bells and whistles that have bells and whistles. Plus it is just plain well built. An enjoyable ride. I'm already anticipating my next BMW. It is essential to read the owners manual. Every week I discover some new way to access a feature. This is an amazing vehicle.

Best SUV in it's class
By ISELAIRE EDMOND

2014 BMW X5 xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

Great SUV

Beautiful but it's the last US made BMW I'll get
By JC Car Enthusiast

2014 BMW X5 sDrive35i 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I will start by saying that I consider my self a BMW enthusiast. This is my 5th BMW and sadly my first review, were I feel compelled to put out there, what my disappointments have been. I understand that one can be the unlucky bearer of a rare lemon. However the abysmal difference of expiereiences with this, my first US made BMW makes me believe that there could be fundamental quality control differences between plants. Here is what went wrong: loud ringing on the right-rear column (4 visits to repair), transmission box failure (1 visit, but the engine sounds funny, when going up a hill, ever since), cargo door would open on its own (3 visits where I was mostly blamed for "inadvertently hitting the open button", until on the 4th visit, they found that there was in deed an issue), failure of the soft-locking mechanism (this being the worst of all issues, as the doors would open by themselves while the vehicle was being operated!!). I swear this to be true. It took 4 visits as well, where BMW service centers would refuse to fix the problem since they had to "witness" the issue happening. The challenge being that if the episodes would happen at random, the service tecnitians could not drive around the car for days until they actually saw the phenomenon happen. So of course, as a customer, to have to deal with the disbelief of the dealerships, while being forced to drive around when doors can open at any time, is beyond frustrating. I believe that BMW still makes very good product, but I have moved my vote of no confidence in the North Carolina quality control and for the first time in 15 years, I steered off from BMW SUV's.