Used 2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Consumer Reviews - 62 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2001 BMW 3 Series

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

The best car I will ever own
By Pat E

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car pre-owned from the dealership. It is definitely the best car I have ever owned. Despite a high resale value (one of my major purchase considerations), I just have no desire to give it up. A good detailing job and it still turns heads. I have had no serious problems with this vehicle. Its power, responsiveness and handling are legendary.

Some of my favorite features include the fold down seats, the key activated power drop of the windows and sunroof retraction (helps defuse the built up heat in Houston summers) and the black sapphire paint which minimizes swirls that can occur with plain black cars.

This model year could really benefit from a sentry lights (lights left on just power down into parking lights... hard to see if they're really on in the daytime) and the low grille in the front always gets trapped over concrete parking guards in parking spaces.

Like true love, I'm head over heels.
By True Love!

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Now, I've only had my 2001 BMW 325i for a week, and who knows what will happen, mechanic wise. But, I have never had a car that made me grin ear to ear like my BMW has. Even though I bought it as a used car, the car looks brand new, and feels brand new. Acceleration is smooth and has good pick up especially in higher RPMs. Fantasic exterior, and interior! That being said I can tell already my rear pasgr window is sticking, and will probably need to be replaced! Lucky for me 2 year factory warranty for 3G was not something I was going to gamble with! So, off to the shop in probably in a month! But, it dosn't change the fact that my BMW is the most fun car I've ever driven.

Sports package interior, and steering wheel, as well, as the upgraded speaker system. Can't say enough about the body design! Nothing out there that compares.

Have none yet.

You must be ready to comprimise!
By Whytry

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have had my car for a little while now and it seems to be holding up I had a few issues - the moonroof headliner is defective and BMW tried to charge me $1000.00 to fix it - just recall it please, it is defective! My driver's side window is sticking and I am afraid to get it fixed after reading the reviews here that say the window leaks after the repair! I keep burning oil and I will have to see what is causing that. Brakes go fast and cost $800.00 to change. And I had some loose exterior trim through seemingly no fault of my own. Loose interior grill on speaker. Loose mat anchor.

Quick, comfortable, Harmon Kardon system is good. Solid quiet drive. Handles great. Good turning radius.

Too many repairs/defects that are your responsibility to fix. Get a good long warranty if you buy a BMW. No fold down seat.

A Lifesaver
By Judy

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I commute 50 miles round trip to work by way of a winding, mountainous road and this car made me look forward to going to work each day. It was easy to add an iPod cable, and the telescopic/tilt wheel and adjustable seats personalized the car to my body size. I had had the car for almost five years when a deer came out of nowhere and ran into my car, breaking the windows and spraying deer matter all over me and the inside of the car. I survived the accident, only receiving many small glass cuts, some bruising, and a few stitches. The bodyshop people were sure the car saved my life. I cried more for my car's death than for my injuries. What a great, reliable, fun car.

Dash controls tilt toward driver. Telescopic/tilt wheel. The standard sound system. Quiet, comfortable interior. Auto dimming rear view mirror. The sporty look of the exterior. First class treatment by the maintenance department at my dealership.

It's hard to clean around the power seat mechanisms. I wish they'd let you have standard seats as an option. The felt surrounding the doors is hard to keep lint free.

I LOVE MY CAR!
By JessicainFrederick

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I would buy this car again in a heartbeat. I have never had a problem with it. It's fun to drive, zippy! With the exception of a couple of dings, still looks, feel and drives as if it was brand new.