Used 2004 Audi TT Consumer Reviews - 96 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Audi TT

View reviews for a specific TT model:

Audi TT 3.2L DSG is a different TT
By DrRob

2004 Audi TT 250hp quattro AWD 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

My favorite car. Before this I owned the 1.8L Quattro TT coupe. The normally aspirated 6 cylinder with DSG gear box is a lot more sports car - it is what the TT should have been from the start. I never thought that I would like a sports car without a traditional stick, but Audi's DSG is great. The paddle shifters are great. My first TT had reliability issues, especially with the electrical system. Through 30 months, this one has been flawless needing only routine maintenance. Get special order outside mirrors to eliminate the TT blindspot. Change the oil often to prevent sludge.

DSG transmission with paddle shifters, one of a kind styling, good room for storage with rear seats folded down, Quattro AWD.

Modern GPS, electric seats with memory, sound system and phone controls on steering wheel, subwoofer, iPod compatible sound system, improved control lever for cruise control, laser guided cruise control, Bluetooth for mobile phone.

What a blast!
By TT FN

2004 Audi TT 250hp quattro AWD 2dr Roadster (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This car is the most fun I have had in a long time. I can feel myself smile each time I get into it and start the engine. Everything just fits and feels great and the engine purrs like a lion. I wish it had a 6 disc CD in- dash but my i-Pod and i-Trip work great with the radio and to complain about CD capacity in an otherwise perfect vehicle just seems petty. The handling and performance are right on target for daily driving and road trip fun and the seats are about the most comfortable of any in this class of vehicle. I strongly recommend this car.

I love the covered radio controls, the power top and wind deflector and cleanly designed instrumentation.

More usable space in the glove box for the manual, better cup holders and a center armrest.

better than my Pontiac GTP in every way
By M. Gregory

2004 Audi TT 180hp Fwd 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have always owned GM products, now I see the reason people are buying the foreign autos, I love the head and leg room, the fuel economy, the sheer performance of this little 4 cylinder, manual/automatic car. 130 MPH smooth as silk in my 180 HP weeney model, it is pure fun, my wife and me have had more fun with this car than any car, bike, truck or camper we own,

Manual/automatic transmission, real roll bars, 5 star side crash rating, large trunk, power top operation is quick and easy

Cup holders need moved. needs a center arm rest.

Awesome Car that needs very little
By MTJ1117

2004 Audi TT 250hp quattro AWD 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my 3.2 TT DSG for about 6 months now. It is an excellent vehicle both in design and function. A thrill to drive everyday. Great handling characteristics with the quattro system. The DSG and the 3.2 coupled together works smoothly in conjunction with each other matching speed to the revs of the engine for no jerking motions as in a normal stick shift. Nothing like feeling the car might be out of position in the corner and knowing you need to give it more gas and not braking to pull thru it.

Quattro system, DSG transmission, Interior quality in both fit and finish, elegant lines, seemless shifts, Handling, and intial exhaust note at start up.

Only a few improvements could be made. A bit more Horsepower and torque could be added for the intial burst off the line. (Especially since the US Audi Lawyers made Audi pull out the Launch Program). A power seat would be nice. Audio controls on steer wheel. Want to keep the radio cover down!

Test Drivw at your own risk!
By rcbonn

2004 Audi TT 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The best vehicle that I have ever been
in? No. The best vehicle that I have
ever owned or driven? Absolutely!!
More fun than I could have believed.
After my wife and I test drove a tt
225 coupe we agreed that this was the
car that we had to have. It is
everything that I had hoped for.
Responsive, fast, nimble, very
comfortable and also very cool. Our
tt turns heads and puts smiles on the
faces of everyone who rides in it or
who dares to drive it. Do not test
drive this car unless you are ready to
purchase one. From the crisp Bose
sound system to the heated seats this
car is luxury and sport come together
with just the right blend. All wheel
drive, 100+ MPH & city streets at 27
MPG!

Smooth shifting, great acceleration, very comfortable seats and an awesome sound system. Gently touch the gas at any speed 10 - 100 and you wil be pleasantly surprised with the strong response. Cruise or corner agressively the fun is the same.

More accessible cup holders? I had to get pretty picky to come up with that.