Used 2014 Audi A4 Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

So much fun to drive!!
By Leigh

2014 Audi A4 2.0T Premium Plus quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I purchased a used 2014 Audi A4 premium plus quatro about a month ago. So far, I love it! I specifically wanted a manual transmission, because I just love shifting gears. This car is a blast to drive and shift! I previously owned a VW Passat, which I was pleased with, but have really enjoyed a slight "step up" to the Audi. The car handles very well, I love the side assist (blinking lights when someone is in your blind spot and your blinker is on), the auto-sensing wipers (never have to touch the wiper level!!), and the overall feel of the car. It is very "sturdy" and quiet. My Passat was really noisy, so this was a great change. I also love the push-button start and the push-button parking brake (no more difficult parking brake to wrestle with!) My VW had the old-fashioned remote key lock and unlock, and I love that with my Audi, I just have to reach for the handle - as long as the key is in my purse, the car will unlock for me. No more searching for my keys in the bottom of my purse!!!!! Now for the disappointments: first, even though I have the premium plus, there is no back-up camera. I knew this before I bought, but was told by the salesman that I could easily add one from Best Buy for about $250. I looked into it (before purchasing the car), and it looked like he was right. However, when I went to BB to get the back-up camera, I found out that these after-market accessories cannot be added to a factory-installed monitor without a VERY expensive adapter (like, over $1,000)! So... now I have to live without a back-up camera. I also don't like the radio selection on the steering column. Instead of just pushing a button to move from one preset station to the next (like in my VW), you have to roll a little knob to select the station, and then push the button. It's almost impossible to do this without looking at the dashboard. It takes my eyes and attention off the road. Also, I'm disappointed in the bluetooth voice command. In my VW, my phone book contacts from my phone were automatically recognized by my car. All I had to say was, call Samantha Anderson (or any contact in my phone's contact list), and it dialed the number. With the Audi, I have to actually pre-record a voice tag for Samantha Anderson and input her number, or it won't recognize and call. I was really shocked by these downgrades. The Audi is supposed to be a step up, and it is in most ways, but definitely some technology oversights that are surprising. Some other features that are very important to me: a very big trunk and seats that fold down (very easy to maneuver), seat memory, seat heat, and a rockin' sound system!! Although there are a few technological features that I would change, I LOVE the A4!!!!

great balance
By terry gongaware

2014 Audi A4 2.0T Premium Plus quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Just a great balance of features, performance, economy, comfort in a good looking package. Black with sports pkg and black optic package. 24 mpg around area, 31-32 mpg on long trips. 4cyl turbo does really well on the move. 6 spd manual involving and smooth/precise. room for 4 adults without stuffing them in. bang and Olufsen system if very good

Smoothest car
By Seattle Car enthusiast

2014 Audi A4 2.0T Premium Plus quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

After owning a few BMWs and a Lexus, I was dead set on getting something cheaper. Walked into the dealer to buy a GTI and left with a 2014 A4 with the Black Optics package.

First off - astounding looking car. Audi has come a long way from the 'bubbly' design of early 2000s.

Secondly, it's the smoothest car I've ever driven. That's coming from someone who owned a 550, 135 and RX over the past decade. It's undoubtedly due to the higher torque at lower revs as well as amazing steering feel.

One thing I wished: I think the car could do with a bit more power at the higher end (3-4k revs); but it doesn't necessarily need it for most Americans' driving style.

Overall, amazing car, buy it and don't worry about a thing.

great new toy
By idcal

2014 Audi A4 2.0T Premium Plus quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Long term ex-Acura guy who loves manual transmissions. I really don't understand where Acura is shifting its target demographics, which is a pity, as they used to have such sweet packages. They no longer offer manual transmissions in cars worth buying.

After long research the manual A4 quattro hit the sweet spot for features, quality and price. Drove one and got instantly hooked. So much technology, so nicely packaged on top of a mechanically exquisite car. A car that shares an engine and transmission with the Golf GTI, but packaged so much better. A blast to drive.

Transmission, engine, Quattro.

Garage door opener is a pain to setup.

Former Bimmer fan
By ksaman

2014 Audi A4 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Previous to this A4, I have owned 3 BMW 3 series vehicles. I loved Bimmers and thought that I would drive them for life.

My wife needed a new car and we test drove the 3 series, but they seemed to have lost so much feel. They just aren't what they used to be.

Then we drove the quattro. Man, what a ride. It blows the Bimmer out of the water. It may not be as fast 0-60, but feels better in every other regard. It corners better, it has a slightly stiffer suspension, and hugs the road like a bear.

If you are thinking about a Bimmer, do yourself a favor and test drive a quattro.

P.S. If you go A4, go quattro or go home.

Quattro