Used 2007 Volvo XC90 SUV Consumer Reviews - 68 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Volvo XC90 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XC90 model:

XC90 Beats VW Touareg Hands down
By ltwxc90

2007 Volvo XC90 SUV 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned my XC90 now for 4 months and what a great SUV.
My last SUV was aTouareg and what a disappointment!
It was the worst!
It had a faulty transmission and when it would shift it felt as if the Whole car was going to break apart. VW Service was horrible, I would take it in and no one would do anything.
Even after having the Transmission replaced it still did the same thing.
My XC90 is great!
From its smooth ride to better fuel economy, Hands down it is the better car both inside and out.
The service I have received at my Volvo dealer is second to none.
I have owned a BMW and Mercedes and in this case Volvo service even beats those two! Great Job Volvo

Having 5 in my family I needed the rear seats and they are great. Easy to get to and comfortable. We also have the DVD players which run together or separately which is nice due to different ages and what they like to watch. So much more comfortable than the VW. The Fuel economy is much better I have been averaging 21+ on the highway and the a good 4 more than I ever got from my VW.

My only issues and I hate to even bring it up is technology! Bluetooth would be nice and maybe an updated sound system like the one in the XC60. Other than that the Volvo XC90 is great!

My First Luxury Vehicle
By master_pate

2007 Volvo XC90 SUV V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This was my first SUV, and first luxury vehicle in general. I bought it because of the look and safety features, and those have not let me down. This is one SUV I would keep forever except for the fact that I typically only get 14 MPG. I do almost exclusive city driving however.

One of the top three best looking SUVs. Great power and safety. Very comfortable ride.

Adding a hybrid or diesel engine to help with gas mileage.

Our Favorite that we've ever owned !!
By James TG.

2007 Volvo XC90 SUV 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

We love the looks, drive, safety and reliability of this car !! Nothing negative to say !!

SO GOOD LOOKING !!

My First Volvo
By seXC90

2007 Volvo XC90 SUV V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is my first experience with Volvo and for the most part it is a great one. The XC90 V8 is impressive and fun to drive. The styling of the exterior far out weights it competitors. I can no longer go back to the Japanese cars I drove in the past. They all now seem so cheap. I have had a few problems with my XC90: rattling noises (drive me crazy), front dash crackles during change in temperature (very common in Volvo's) but go away when temperature regulates and a strange transmission whine at 55 mph (being resolved). In Short I trusted the Japanese cars for their reliability, so that's why I chose the V8. Japanese (Yamaha)engine and transmission wrapped up in a luxury SUV. I love mine!!!

Endless Power, MPG on long trips, 7 seats, integrated booster seat, Easy fold away third row, Design, and Subtle interior.

Should have smart keys, integrated blue tooth, fix the little noises and rattles in the doors and frame moldings.

See review at 6K miles.
By Dennis

2007 Volvo XC90 SUV V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Now have 17K miles. Had to replace tires. No other problems. Ditto first review only better. Especially now that Volvo has discontinued the V8 engine. Big mistake. Much better then the six at the expense of only a few MPG. If your buying this for the MPG you can do much better. If your buying this just for the pleasure, comfort and fun of the powerful V8, you'd be hard pressed to find something better. Great world class vehicle.

V8

Better gas mileage and placement of the fog light on/off indicator.