Used 2007 Volvo XC90 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Volvo Xc90 - Consumer Reviews

2007 Volvo XC90 SUV

View reviews for a specific XC90 model:

Give credit to this is a excellent SUV
By M and H

2007 Volvo XC90 SUV 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Handle's great and very good safty evan in very bad weather, Big blind spot in backing up> A wow and beutiful style gets lots of looks and questions asked of it, Just drives great and wonderful in ALL weather, this is not an off road or a all so fancy SUV. Volvo is a safe, powerful and beutiful SUV. Good job Volvo. Gas MPG is much better than those other very High end SUV's. It is a keeper..

Favorite Features

Style, Athletic, reliable, roomy, SAFE. Great ride.

Suggested Improvements

Blind spot in backing up. Better tires when new. Give better warrenty on these too items..

All wheel Drive
By Kevin Lawlor

2007 Volvo XC90 SUV V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

One of the worst performing all wheel drive vehicles ever owned. Tires wore out within 18,000 miles, traction is terrible in snow and even on wet roads. Tire dealers comment on how poor the all wheel drive systems are and suggest changing to snow tires for the winter months.

Love my XC90
By W F

2007 Volvo XC90 SUV 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This was my first choice in SUVs. I absolutely love it. With 3 kids and after trading in the minivan, this suv is a little smaller. But it is so much fun to drive (compared to the van it's like driving a sports car) that I don't mind the little amount of space lost. It gets great gas mileage - the same as my van, 19 in town and 22-23 on the highway. It is easy to maneuver in small spots, easy to park. My only regret is that i didn't buy one sooner.

Favorite Features

The girls and I love the sunroof. The radio is nice, better sound quality than my van. And I love the seat position memory. Pressing one button to get it back the way I like it after my husband drives. It is a lot better than moving the seat and mirrors manually.

Suggested Improvements

If the doors would automatically unlock when you put in park, that would be great.

OK
By TuNeRkId

2007 Volvo XC90 SUV 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased our 07 XC in 2007 brand new. The truck has been OK , but not what I expected from a $45,000 car. It has good seat comfort and driving position but it also feels a lot bigger than it actually is. The car has decent acceleration, but nothing to write home about. The best thing about the car is the brakes witch stop you on a dime! The 3.2 our car has is a little bit thirsty and doesn't give as much power as I would like. Our average mpg (mostly city driving) is around 16.5 (on road trips we've gotten up to 22). The 3rd row seat is tight but easily moved out of the way! The transmission is great especially the manual option! Overall it has been a good car but could be better.

Favorite Features

AWD, park assist, airbags everywhere.

Suggested Improvements

More horsepower, tighter turning circle, rear view camera option.

More than we expected
By diegosbone

2007 Volvo XC90 SUV 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

In 2006, after our second child, we were looking for a good looking SUV with a 3rd row option. We narrowed the list now to the Lexus LX, Benz GL and the Volvo. Test drove them all, and kept coming back to the Volvo. The Swedish ergonomics were very nice. Everything was in its proper place. Electronics are tricked out, and the price was reasonable. After 2yr, 24,000 miles, I have zero complaints, only praise. I have had zero mechanical failures (very surprising).

Favorite Features

3rd row (kids and small women). Sensible controls, comfort, child booster seat.

Suggested Improvements

Electronic trunk, electronic 3rd row opener (like the Benz).