2010 Volvo XC60 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XC60 model:
Really Cool Volvo
By teejay on 01/02/10 04:21 AM (PST)

2010 Volvo XC60 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

We traded our 12-year old S70 for the XC60 3.2L. We test drove several other crossover SUVs but none felt as well built, safe, comfortable, or luxurious as the XC60. This is our 5th Volvo. The S70 had no squeaks or strange noises and still looked great. We selected the Premier and Convenience packages. This car comes with all the other features that we wanted. The ride is smooth, quiet, and comfortable. The cargo area is roomy. When you set the power seat, it includes the side-view mirror settings as well. We chose the slate interior, which is really good looking with the brushed aluminum trim. We purchased the Environmental Protection package. Will not need wax for 7 years. Cool vehicle!

T6
By Greg on 12/21/09 15:32 PM (PST)

2010 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Have T6 for 5 months. Replaced VW Passat 07 2.0T. Runs excellent, real fun to drive. Very comfortable. The worth thing is gas mileage. Not to bed on the highways (24-25mpg), absolutely poor in the city - never more then 12mpg, same super and regular gasoline. Comparing to Passat 2.0 - 25mpg in the city, 35mpg on the highways.

Wipers are a saftey hazard
By Mary L. on 12/21/09 13:27 PM (PST)

2010 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

The vehicle handles well in all types of weather. However, side mirror defrosters would be a great addition since they are standard on other vehicles. Besides the poor navigation system and poor night time back up camera visibility, my main complaint is the poor design for the windshield wipers. For a such a safety conscious company, Volvo blew it in this area. These are a safety hazard. Snow & ice build up quickly despite a defrost temp of 85 degrees, requiring frequent stops in inclement weather and traffic to clear! The large swath not covered by the wipers in upper right windshield, is also a safety hazard due to the poor visibility this creates.

Do Your Homework
By Henryh. on 12/16/09 17:55 PM (PST)

2010 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I don't understand people buying this vehicle then complaining about the gas mileage or the poor nav system. Do your homework. Online customer and editor reviews are everywhere - edmunds, kbb, others. Everyone complains about the poor gas mileage and nav, so you should know this going in. I've had my T6 for 3 weeks now and absolutely love it. I got climate & convenience packages, power roof. It's smooth, quiet, corners very well, quick off the line and passing on the highway. Size is perfect to throw the dog in back or load up on Costco runs. Now I know why it was named Truck of the Year at the LA Auto Show.

new car
By lin on 11/19/09 04:49 AM (PST)

2010 Volvo XC60 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

like the xc60, but seats not a comfortable as my former s60. Also, when I go from park to drive, something knocks under the car. Found out after I took delivery that Volvo is mistakenly leaving off parts that are supposed to be standard equipment on the T6 and 3.2...make sure yours has the polished exhaust tips before you sign any papers. My didn't (how often do you check a car to see if it has all the standard equipment it is supposed to) (do we need to lift the hood and make sure everything is there before we drive it off the lot?) volvo has been slow to get these parts on my new car. The company should issue a recall to have these put on the cars like they were supposed to.

Best value for luxury CUV
By Jay Kim on 11/08/09 10:04 AM (PST)

2010 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I got a T6 model with comfort, climate and technology package and we love it. Before the purchase, my wife and I thoroughly researched and test drove other competitors. At the end, my we narrowed our choice down to RX, Q5 and XC60. We liked Q5 the best in terms of driving dynamic, followed by XC60 and dreadful RX, but Volvo won us over in interior/exterior design, utility and value. RX had great interior, technology features and excellent fit and finish, but totally uninspired exterior design and driving characteristics. Our biggest concern for getting a Volvo was reliability issue, but we got convinced by Volvo's safe and sound program that provides 5 years of warranty and free maintenance.

XC 60 3.2 AWD/Premium + Climate Package
By Anand on 11/07/09 14:24 PM (PST)

2010 Volvo XC60 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

AThis car replaced a 2004 V70 2.5T. The XC60 has about the same interior space as my V70 with easier step in height and better ground clearance. The ride is smooth with less NVH than the V70 and the transmission shifts without hesitation. However, acceleration is a little sluggish compared to the 2.5T engine and fuel economy is significantly worse at 22-24 on the highway. Front seats are extremely comfortable but the back seat is cramped. Fit and finish is very good with no squeaks or rattles. Rear visibility is quite good and the headlights are strong. My car is equipped with BLIS which works reasonably well. Overall, My XC60 is a very comfortable,all weather car with mediocre fuel economy.

Great Choice -
By Chris & Sheria on 11/05/09 17:26 PM (PST)

2010 Volvo XC60 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

My wife and I did extensive research and test drives. Lexus, BMW, Audi and Volvo XC60 and XC90. The Audi was the best driving, but the Volvo won in every other category. The features, ownership cost, performance and overall experience the Volvo XC60 won hands down. We were very impressed with the interior layout and the heated rear seats were a nice feature. We didn't notice very much difference in performance between the 3.2L and the 3.0L Turbo, so we opted for the 3.2L The Gas mileage to date is averaging 21 mpg, and that is with a about a 70% city and 30% highway driving. We are going on our 3rd week of ownership, and so far no issues.

All Good Thus Far
By NeoVolvoLoyalist on 11/05/09 07:30 AM (PST)

2010 Volvo XC60 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

My wife and I have had this vehicle for about a month now, and we have been thoroughly satisfied. I have been a VW fanatic since birth, and this is my first car (I bought a Ford Truck about 4 years ago) purchase outside of VW in my life. I was immediately impressed with the handling of the car for such a large vehicle. Additionally, we have been impressed with the sheer volume of the vehicle as we moved up from a VW Jetta. I am also very impressed with the maintenance plan of 60000 miles. Overall this is perhaps one of the best purchases I've ever made. I would highly recommend it, its at least worth a look.

Not all that great!
By Nancy on 10/28/09 20:27 PM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Try parallel parking at night when there is no outdoor lighting and it might change your mind about your purchase of this model without buying the Bliss feature. Tinted and extra small rear windows make it hard to see at night. Volvo does not make an adequate dog gate for this model and the one you may have from your wagon will not fit.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Volvo XC60 in VA is:

$109 per month*