Used 2010 Volvo XC60 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Volvo XC60

View reviews for a specific XC60 model:

Don't get the BLIS!
By Matt

2010 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

First Volvo I've ever owned. Tested multiple vehicles in this class and the Volvo was the best deal. Pretty much satisfied with the whole vehicle except the optional BLIS. Since I picked up the car I've been getting multiple BLIS "false indications" on the driver's side. Took it to the dealership and they duplicated the problem but Volvo didn't authorize repair, called it normal operation. Have had multiple e-mail exchanges with Volvo customer service and there response has been, its an "information system" and not a "safety system", it will give off "false indications" under certain driving conditions, which must be most of my driving conditions since its always coming on. Very frustrating!

Favorite Features

Very versatile and smooth ride! Well built! Super comfortable seats! Rear privacy windows.

Suggested Improvements

Find a solution for the BLIS "false indications" or take it off as an option. Make GPS usable while driving and add a touch screen unit.

LOVE AND AMAZING FOR THE MONEY
By ELISEO

2010 Volvo XC60 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Beautiful interior, extremely fun to drive, perform excellent & better that MB, Audi, & VW (I tested & drie all). Safe for all, including the kids. Seats excellent can not be better. I have respiratory problems and the air inside is soo clean for the new air system is amazing. Friend this car is amazing.

Favorite Features

All electronic, sound system, stability,.....all

Suggested Improvements

Better gas miles. However, I am not complaining because is so fun to drive that I do not care.

The Perfect Vehicle?
By BL

2010 Volvo XC60 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Coming off 8 years of XC90s. But wanted a more enjoyable driving experience for commute. Could be the most beautiful interior of any car/any make. It is gorgeous inside. Same engine as my last '08 XC90 but peppier, sportier. Really fun to drive. Test drove the redesigned V6 Subaru Outback (GREAT drive)that surprised me; MB GLK (pointless joke of a back seat); VW Tiguan (just for fun); and considered Audi Q5 but not seriously(too expensive/smaller.) Driving the XC60 is a blast. Feel is refined, tight with a first-rate finish. Two tone leather seats and blond wood are stunning. Hard to leave the Volvo brand. And I think 6 yrs from now I'd rather be in this than anything else. Just perfect.

Favorite Features

Styling; Two tone seats; blue tooth; pick-up and handling; sporty feel; great size of cargo area. 5 years of service included!!! 5 year warranty. I thought the automatic lift gate was essential and I got it but turns out to be unnecessary. Perfect size SUV. Not too small or big. So very beautiful.

Suggested Improvements

Rear middle seat is hard. 10-year old kids hate backseat visibility. BLIS over rated. Power lift gate should have a power close inside. Dealer should check EVERYTHING before delivery. My third Volvo and each had to go back for little fixes in 1st week. (Sat. tuner didn't work & power window either)

Pleasantly Surprised
By JrDriver

2010 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I had no idea Volvo made such a cool car. This one drives great. Good pickup, excellent handling. I would say it took me a thousand miles to feel this way about it, but I am really impressed. Even better, I bought it because it was super comfortable inside with excellent cargo space and those factors have not disappointed. We looked at a lot of cars and are thrilled that we bought the right one.

Favorite Features

The front seats are great. The park assist is superb. Great big sunroof and the car looks cool even though it's a Volvo.

Suggested Improvements

The stereo is not good. Not sure if it's the speakers or what but I can't get the sound right. The gas mileage on local roads is pathetic. On the highway though, it's pretty good.

Best I've Owned to Date
By mdblue

2010 Volvo XC60 T6 R-Design 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

By far, best vehicle I've owned - beats all other luxury SUV/CUVs out there. The "R Series" really makes a difference in handling & performance. Gas mileage is sub-par, but uses regular gas, so it's a wash. Every single time I drive the car, heads turn - don't see many on the road which I like. Feels incredibly solid and handles better than my 3 yr old sports sedan. R Series interior is on par with Q5 and nicer than all the others. Exterior styling - esp taillights is very cool. More masc than Q5. Nav system was a little annoying at first, but now I'm used to it and it works great. Most comfortable seats on the road.

Favorite Features

Exterior styling, seat comfort, safety features, 5yr maintenance plan, 9in ground clearance, totally unique - nothing else like it on road, great DynaAudio sound system, R Series package, great storage, easy in/out.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage, ventilated front seats, storage for change in center console