2010 Volvo XC60 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XC60 model:
Get one before everyone else does!
By Kampaku on 04/01/10 21:38 PM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

We live in a Chicago neighborhood, and we needed a car that could get us around in winter and fit in tight spaces, has enough cargo room to hold all the stuff that accompanies 2 young kids, and was enough fun to drive that my wife and I wouldn't mind hauling them around. The XC60 met all of those requirements, plus it isn't ubiquitous like Lexus RXs, Acura MDXs, and BMW X5s! There were a few features that I liked better in those cars and the Audi Q5, but we've been thrilled with the XC60 and would buy a 2nd one if had the the need & room.

Great SUV
By KW on 03/30/10 19:17 PM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Have had my XC60 for 5 months and so far this SUV has been great. It feels very solid on the road with just the right amount of feedback. The seats are the best in the auto industry as I can drive for hours and not feel fatigued. There is enough space for four adults and plenty of gear while not feeling to large like the XC90. The gas mileage is fair, I've been getting 18 MPG on average. City Safety works great, a car in front of me stalled at a green light, I went, got to close and the car stopped itself...saved me from an accident. Great looks inside and out, especially at night with the LED lights. Really enjoy driving this car as my daily commuter.

Great package for sporty ride
By R Driver on 03/30/10 07:10 AM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC60 T6 R-Design 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

It's tight and very comfortable. You can feel the road much better compared to the non-R, but don't expect a Porsche. This is still a cross over. So why pay extra for the R? Besides the design elements that are obvious, its all about the drive. This is a great car for the driver who wants to feel the road, have less body roll and tighter steering. For the passengers, they may find it a bit rigid off the highway, so if your passenger has influence over the purchase, bring them for the test drive. Your also going to have to be more careful with those 20" rims - and tires will be more expensive. If you drive a T6 and think its the same as the R. Think again. Drive it and decide.

Love it...!
By Midwest Alpinist on 03/28/10 11:30 AM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I've had my XC60 for almost a year now and I LOVE everything about it, except for the fuel economy, which isn't bad for this class of car, but it's not great either. What a pleasure it is to drive this car though! I took a couple of long road trips last summer (1000+ miles ea) and me and the passengers were all very comfortable. The car handles well, it looks awesome and it's loaded with everything you could want in a car. Be sure to check out the overseas delivery program. I saved $2K on the price of the car (after I had already negotiated a disc with 2 separate dealers). They threw in 2 free RT plane tkts, a free hotel stay, + everything you need to drive legally in EU (plates/ins)

all eyes on me
By shells on 03/25/10 21:05 PM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

we drove just about every luxury crossover on the market, and eventually came down to the XC60 and the Audi Q5 (which seems to be a common decision). we chose the XC60 for its looks, space, drive, price, and features. this car is definitely a looker and so fun to drive with its 281 horsepower T6 engine. perfect for young families with up to 2 young kids, current offer of 5 years scheduled maintenance wonderful!

Good Riding XC60
By Halllucy on 03/25/10 04:30 AM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC60 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This is my third Volvo. I like the old Volvo "Box Style" and did not like any of the new Volvo "hatch-back" looking cars, so I bought the XC60 Crossover. However before the test drive, I was a bit hesitant because I don't like driving and looking down at other drivers. The test drive proved this was not an issue. I love my XC60. The only problems is the low gas mileage and AM radio reception.

Strong
By Jean on 03/19/10 13:59 PM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC60 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I currently have around 4500 miles on my 3.2 XC60 with AWD. I've driven it through a typical New England winter and found it holds the road well, even in heavy winds. I feel more confident and comfortable driving this vehicle than any other I've had. Highway driving is fun, because the ride is smooth and comfortable.

Love Me some XC60
By Volvo4Life on 03/16/10 10:49 AM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC60 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Just a cool looking vehicle that offers a great driving experience. We love the fact that we've only seen one other one on the road. Exterior design is edgy, interior is rich, ride quality is smooth, and the vehicle just feels solid and safe to drive. Sunroof is awesome. Only real complaint is fuel economy. We would have preferred the turbo engine for a little more pep but did not want to sacrifice the gas mileage. 3.2 offers good power, though....not sluggish.

First Volvo
By Sara_J on 03/12/10 08:23 AM (PST)

2010 Volvo XC60 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This is our first Volvo and so far, I couldn't be happier. This is by far the most solid and comfortable car I've driven. The seats are great, and the doors are bank vault heavy. I got the climate, convenience, BLIS, premium, and booster seats. So far, fuel economy has been just ok, but it's actually better than the G35 that I just turned in. It goes without saying that my 3.2L version of the XC60 is not as fun to drive as the Infiniti sedan, but I haven't found it to be lacking in power. I get lots of looks and questions; the car is just plain pretty and there aren't too many on the road just yet. I drove just about every other crossover out there and think I made the right choice.

Big improvement for R-design
By loyaltim on 03/06/10 15:02 PM (PST)

2010 Volvo XC60 T6 R-Design 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Just got XC60 R-Design in Passion Red, and did a test drive to compare R and "normal". I asked myself several times why I have to pay additional 3-4 thousand more just for the R logo and cosmetics features and I got an answer- completely different handling (suspension and steering)and you can not compare it, even my wife notice that immediately- no body rolling and no sofa bed driving sense. Love it.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Volvo XC60 in VA is:

$109 per month*