2009 Volkswagen Passat Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Komfort 2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Automatic - (25 reviews )
1-month review
By BK on 10/24/09 09:45 AM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Komfort 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Purchased on September 12th, 2009. Test drove BMW 328,335; Mercedec Benz 300, 350; Acura TL; Infiniti G37. Although all of these cars were great, I found the perfect mix of driveability and fun factor in my Passat. I only have about 750 miles on it right now and I am trying to break- in the car as gently as possible. But you can feel the surge of power when you just tap the accelerator. So far I've had no problems. VW offers a 90- day or 6K miles free check up, which I intend to to take advantage of. Since I have not taken it on a long trip, I do not have true HWY mileage; however, so far, I am averaging around 25 mpg with 60/40 Hwy/city.

So far so good and fun.
By Jorge Gomez on 10/23/09 08:40 AM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Komfort 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Almost 4 month and still so fun to drive. Good in gas. Excellent choice from all the cars we tested.

Fun to drive German
By psupdx on 10/01/09 16:27 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Komfort 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Own this car for one month. It is truly fun to drive Passat compare to other imports. Love the look inside and out. It drives like 6 cylinder car, thanks to turbo. Consequently, it consumes gas like 6 cylinder. I average 22 to 23 mi/gallon on 60 freeway/40 local. My old 2000 Maxima was better than that! I had to check the car with a local dealership for rattling noise from driver side glove box and door panel. It was fixed once and came back. So it's been at service twice for the same issue. Hope this problem won't come back.

Will not be beat for the Price
By Gab4ever on 09/27/09 10:57 AM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Komfort 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Super vehicle especially for the price. Standard features, build quality and performance is something I would expect in a much higher end vehicle, The turbo makes the gas pedal like a hair trigger on a gun, the attention to detail and quality materials is far superior to this cars competition. Something as simple as an umbrella storage compartment built into the drivers door are the small touches that really make the vehicle a standout aside from what Ive mentioned.

Great Car
By orimai on 09/20/09 14:56 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Komfort 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This car is smooth, quiet and comfy. My wife, daughter and I are looking forward to getting out on the open road with this. This car breezes down the local freeway and streets effortlessly. Handline is precise\crisp and drives rock solid like a heavier car. The only real drawback thus far is the lack of bluetooth which is optional on Passat but comes standard in other cars. Other than that, it could use a bit more power, but for a mid size sedan the fuel economy and power are both excellent. Comfortable, plenty of leg room for a 6'5" driver with some to spare.

Keep it German but think American!
By Emeka on 09/14/09 21:34 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Komfort 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Two months after purchase, I was at the service station due to some rattling sound coming from my front bumper.Come to find out that something was coming loose. The following month, I was at the service station again due to a hissing sound that comes on each initial pull out.After these issues were fixed for free of-course, I have enjoyed every ounce of my car. Everyone who sees my Passat all say the same thing.."wow, your car is beautiful". Some think its a BMW at first sight while some say they never ever considered a VW until seeing mine. German engineering rocks but they need to understand that Americans love comfort and convenience together with reliability.

The right car
By Dan Goia on 08/30/09 10:56 AM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Komfort 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is my 3rd generation Passat and my 5th VW car in the last 25 years. I have owned also recent models of Nissan Maxima, Toyota Camry, and Honda Accord. I have driven during my business trips in Europe various Mercedes cars (C200 and E300)and BMW (300, 500 series). Similarly, I drove in USA Lexus and Infinity midsize sedans. I find the Passat the most sensible combination of performance, comfort, and value. You get Audi engineering (on par with BMW and Mercedes) at discount price. The gas mileage (34-35 miles/galon) is better than that of my Toyota Camry 2005 (XLE 4). As for the reliability, it is better than my Camry 2005 so far

Turbo lag
By Alex Povolotski on 07/07/09 09:05 AM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Komfort 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

VW Passat is a great feat of German engineering. Autobahn for all, after all :-) The exterior is to fall in love for, interior is good and minimalistic, too but the drive feel... The steering is speed sensitive and I absolutely loved it! But... The speedometer has small numbers on it that are hard to read, so it's not clear from a quick glimpse on it whether you're making 60 or 70 km/h. The transmission is lovely, very responsive and seamless. You really cannot feel it but the engine is unrefined. Usually, I'm a big fan of smaller engines because of their efficiency, and almost limitless possibilities for improvement. But turbo lag kills me. Not responsive at all and jolty!!!

Drives very nicely...mediocre interior
By DG on 05/19/09 08:46 AM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Komfort 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I love the way this car drives. It drives better than most 6 cyl vehicles I've driven. The interior knobs have a somewhat cheap-looking appearance. Overall a good bang for your buck.

Good car, very bad reliability
By sunray on 05/01/09 16:02 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Komfort 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

In general, a reasonable price/performance ratio. The reliability is bad, automatic windows, brakes, and instrument panel are replaced.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Volkswagen Passat Sedan in VA is:

$141 per month*