2002 Toyota Sequoia SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:
Reliable Sequoia
By Gauntlett on 02/28/02 00:21 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have the fully load 4x4 limited with gold trim. No issues with the Sequoia for 9 months. High way milage is excellent for a truck of this weight 18 + miles/gallon on long trips, with a load of 6 people. Around the town ~16 miles/gallon.

Big SUV without the stigma -
By kevind on 02/27/02 22:35 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I believe this SUV is in a class of its own. I wanted the 6000 GVWR tax benefit for my business but did not want to drive a gas guzzling General Schwartzkov type SUV that would loose $15k off the lot and make me regret ever buying it. This is it! A Land Cruiser but less money. The interior is fantastic; it drives like a dream and in my opinion is luxurious. I traded in a 2002 Explorer with 10k miles and felt a difference of night and day between these vehicles. No regrets here.

Great SUV!
By Satisfied Customer on 02/27/02 21:45 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Fun to drive, roomy, and easy to handle.

Big Toyota!!
By MICHAEL on 02/27/02 18:28 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I had Toyota 4Runner Limited 4x4 before changeing to Sequioa 4x4 Limited Edition for the family of four. INCREDIBLE!!! We love it!!! Space, Style, Headed seats, Room, Power and View (Our kids wants to keep it forever)

The Red Wood Tree
By durell brown on 02/27/02 12:08 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

The Toyota Sequoia is one of the best SUV in it's price range that a person could every buy.Before I bought the Sequoia I had a Expedition and it did nothing but drink gas and make a lot of noise.The Sequioa does a lot of things that make people love it like the electronic a/c in the back, third roll seat with lots of room and more thing I can't even named because it's so many of them.It's a very likable.I plan on keeping it longer than I kept the Expedition.

U cannot judge with one bad experience
By Guest on 02/27/02 01:44 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

How can u beleive the car sales guy. I think this vehicle is an excellent city ride and freeway ride and good off-road ride with 4X4.

Excellent all-around vehicle
By offroad on 02/26/02 23:31 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This is a great alternative to a Tahoe or Expedition. They handle well for a fullsize truck and cornering is flat with slight understeer when pushed too far. The traction control seems to do more harm than good. No way to turn it off either. Almost got it stuck 3 weeks after purchase going places I previously took my 4x4 pickup. Climbing a muddy hill, engine cuts power when tires slip leaving you with no momentum. Even with street tires, it should do better.

AWESOME
By CHRIS on 02/26/02 19:57 PM (PST)

FUN TO DRIVE...OUTSTANDING HANDLING...OVERALL SIZE IS PERFECT

Toyota sequoia
By friday_s on 02/26/02 14:51 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

The Sequoia is a much quieter ride. There is not a lot of wind noise, rattles and engine noise. The body roll on the Sequoia is less than either the 99 Suburban or the 97 4Runner we previously owned. This is the closest SUV I've driven that feels like a car. You don't feel that tilt near as much when taking a fast turn. Overall I like this vehicle quite a bit over any other large-extra large SUV.

really impressed
By cattle on 02/26/02 13:51 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I owned a 4 Runner prior to the Sequoia and my daughter owns a Camry, it is impossible to beat Toyota's quality.