2009 Toyota Highlander 3.5L V6 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Cannot go wrong with Highlander!

2009 Toyota Highlander - Consumer Review

Base 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 5-speed Automatic)

Cannot go wrong with Highlander!
By Savvy Buyer on

2009 Toyota Highlander 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After having researched extensively and test-driven Honda Pilot, Mitsubishi Outlander, Ford Edge, and the new Equinox, I repeatedly returned to Highlander and bought one a few weeks ago. I cannot express how impressed I am with Highlander! The ride is extraordinarily comfortable, quite and smooth. The interior is extremely roomy, well-designed and functional. The second row is exceptional. If you need the third row it is there and not as a joke! If you do not use it just fold it and you have plenty of cargo room! I must also compliment the instant V6 power and above average fuel economy, which is almost the same as 2007 Passat I traded in! It is also very family friendly if you have children

Favorite Features

Quite, comfortable, easy to drive, smooth ride, safe, roomy, versatile second row, true third row, elegant interior and exterior, powerful, and friendly at the pump!

Suggested Improvements

Outside temperature gauge, compass, floor and cargo area mats, in-mirror turn signals, bluetooth, improved sound system should be standard to justify the high price tag even for the base model!