Used 2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser Base SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific FJ Cruiser model:

It's not for everybody, but its for me!!
By sodes

2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchase a 2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser in the spring of 2009 after suffering through another Chicago Winter with my Honda Accord. Two tires and rims at a cost of nearly $1000 after hitting a few potholes prompted my decision. Also, I needed a vehicle to pull my snowmobiles and our small lexus RX350 was just barely up for the task. Having put nearly 40K on the truck since I purchased it I can honestly say that there is nothing the city can throw at me that it can't take. This recent February the Blizzard of 2011 dropped nearly 20" of snow in 24 hours. With stock tires this truck blasted through drifts up to the hood, through rutted tracks upto the doors with ease, just keep on the gas..

Goes through anything and sand, Silver Lakes Sand Dunes 2010... 20" of snow Chicago Blizzard of 2011 and the floods of 2010 in Chivcago... Pulls a trailer effortlessly rain, and water up to the doors....Smooth on the hightway. Adaptive throttle doesn't continually downshift which is better than our lexus.. Great power, for 2010 they tweaked the hp up, but torque down, probably for marketing Headroom for giants!!

I Ziebarted the supsension after seeing some FJ's frame rusting...$99 dollars.. Also, applied 3m protectice film on vulnerable chip-prone areas at cost of 135...No chips or rust at 42K, really!!! Could get better insulation in ceiling when in high wind. Why did I have to buy a passanger side armrest...that's just stupid.. Class up sub-woofer in rear, looks cheap like walmart chinnese made crap, sound good though!!!??

Best Toyota I've owned yet
By mshw

2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've been driving Toyota's since college. Original Toyota truck, 4Runner, Highlander, 96' Tacoma; you get the picture. But, the FJ is by far my favorite Toyota that I've owned over the past 20 years. Unique styling, excellent power, good interior that's very forgiving to active lifestyles, and comfortable ride. Gas mileage is fair but it's a real SUV, not a wannabe. And for the so called "blind spots", 2 small blind spot mirrors work like a charm!

Unique styling, comfortable ride, easy to maintain interior, Toyota reliability.

None to mention.

Highly recommended
By Dan

2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I am surprised these are not more popular. I traded in my 2005 4Runner and like the FJ better so far. The lack of gas mileage in my opinion is overrated...it's not too bad at around 19-20 mpg for me. The back seat room is decent and the blind spot isn't THAT big of a deal too me.

The exterior throw-back look, great radio and the almost vertical wide windshield. The 3 windshield wipers are definitely unique. Drives and handles great. The roof rack looks cool.

I think they should have made the back less rounded and more like a box. Similar to the old FJ 40. It would also be interesting to see a new FJ with a removeable top like the old FJ 40's as well. The major complaint is the cost. With any added features you are looking at around 30,000.

A Blast
By Hawk

2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This SUV is a blast to drive with an ample amount of power, great handling that is almost sports car like and pretty good gas mileage in the 2010. The dreaded "blind spot" is virtually nonexistent with the mirrors. I have more fun driving this vehicle than any vehicle that I have ever owned.

Exterior looks, Plenty of Power and pretty good mileage, Handles almost like a sports car with the TRD package, Runs on regular gas now, Retro Interior is great, Comfortable seats,

More cargo Compartments