2007 Toyota 4Runner - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:
Surprised at How Much I Enjoy It
By TreyBlaq on 08/16/09 16:04 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

As a road warrior moving from an Acura RL to an SUV, I have been very surprised at how much I have enjoyed this vehicle. I typically drive 1,200 miles per week and with the exception of brake pads and tires, this truck has asked for nothing but gas. On that note, I have been tracking the mileage for the past 30k miles and I'm averaging 20.9 MPG - not bad for a V8.

No wonder it is so popular
By Phillip Jones on 07/26/09 21:46 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

For years, the 4Runner has been a popular SUV in TX. I bought a 2005 V6 SR5 and liked it, but traded it in for this SE V8 so I could pull a RV travel trailer. Went with the upgraded JBL audio system and leather. Love the sunroof. The engine is a solid performer and accelerates nicely when needed. Exterior aesthetics are nice. Everyone who has ever ridden in it has been impressed. I expect to drive this well past 150K miles.

I love it!
By Steve on 05/06/09 10:42 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second 4Runner. I just traded in my 2000 4Runner SR5 for this used 2007 Sport model. I loved the 2000 model and it was reliable but I had to trade it in after having a catalytic converter issue. This 2007 Sport model is great. The ride is much smoother than the 2000. The seats are more comfortable. Great stereo. Really like all the compartments and the MP3 connection. Still love the sunroof and the rear window that goes down. This SUV is solidly built with no rattles. Was originally looking for a black model but got the Mica Gray instead after seeing it. This 2007 model confirms my belief that Toyota makes the best cars at the best prices. I will drive them forever!

Great mid size SUV
By bretski75 on 01/26/09 08:49 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

If your needs are for mid size utility, not just an all wheel drive sedan with a hatchback, this is an excellent vehicle. It has the same motor as my Tundra did and tows almost as well. Handles the parking lots great and fit and finish are all Toyota

Northern reliability
By Polar trucker on 11/12/08 12:26 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This vehicle is driven north of the 60th parallel. From -50 to +35 it has proven it's worth many times over. Up here our roads are so rough that it seems like your off roading every time you pull out of the driveway. Did I mention that the City of Yellowknife only does snow removal once a winter (7 months long) and never plows on a pro-active basis.

Excellent SUV
By WMLA on 10/21/08 07:25 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I couldn't be more happy with my choice. The 4Runner rides so well. It is so quiet and smooth and "Lexus like." It seems like a luxury SUV. No problems. Best car/SUV I have ever had. No issues, problems or complaints. Engine is very powerful. Maybe, they can make it even more powerful and with even better gas mileage. Here's hoping for miracle technology.

2007 Toyota 4Runner SR5
By CG on 10/15/08 17:09 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 4th Toyota and 2nd (and last) 4 Runner. The entire cab rattles; including the annoying squeaks in the dashboard; plastic on plastic rubbing. This is the first Toyota I have ever had that had rattles. I have had it 21 months and the rattles started the 6th month. I have a total of 20,000 miles on it. I took it in to the Indianapolis dealership I bought it from and they told me that they were not going to be able to fix all the rattles. Are you kidding me! Next vehicle purchase will be an Acura.

Great ride!
By Tnblueyes on 08/30/08 08:56 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Had a 2005 Honda CRV, while it was okay, it rode rough, felt every single bump and crack in the road so I was on a mission to find a more comfortable ride that had enough roof clearance to hold 2 large parrot cages buckled into the back seat and enough space in back for our suitcases and such. I test drove the Mazda suv-rode like the crv did, loved the style of xterra but the ride was lacking also. The 4runner was the best ride! On occasion my dad or our grandson travels with us and the backseat has very limited leg room so can't say I would choose the 4runner if we had a larger family, but for dh & i and our feathered kids, its ideal, after all, parrots don't need leg room!

Great buy-no surprises
By doug on 08/13/08 15:44 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in a 2001 SR5 4Runner which I had purchased new. The style, and additional room inside and out makes this a far nicer ride than the 2001. I am averaging 20.1 mpg, with the majority of miles being local. This is better than the old 4Runner, even though there was a boost of 30hp in the V6 engine.This is my third 4Runner, and I have never experienced any problems with any of them. I see no need to ever get rid of this 07, since Toyota offers unsurpassed reliability, and this 4Runner offers everything that I need.

Much improved since 1999
By Jon on 08/04/08 11:10 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had a 1999 4runner for eight trouble-free years. Wife test drove RAV-4 and Highlander, and as soon as we left the lot in the 4Runner she said this is the one. Love the ride, handling and gas mileage,18-20 city, 22-26 highway. Better MPG than the 1999 model. Looking forward to another eight years of worry free driving. Way to go Toyota!!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.