2015 Subaru WRX Consumer Review: 2500 mile review of my WRX

2015 Subaru WRX - Consumer Review

Premium Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 6-speed Manual)

2500 mile review of my WRX
By sidelined on

2015 Subaru WRX Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

After checking numerous car reviews and seeing the praise this vehicle was getting from many automotive journalists I was convinced this was the car I wanted. Not many people would buy a car without the initial test drive. It's almost like getting married without kissing the women you have decided to wed . However during the month of March I put a deposit down for the 2015 WRX Premium model, no leather seats was an option I could live without . The owners manual has you keeping the revs under 4000 RPM for the first 1000 miles and let me be the first to say it was treacherous. Must say the car looks better in person and grows on you. Overall I am very pleased with the car.

Favorite Features

The way the car pulls to 5500 RPM's . How smooth the new direct injection engine is. It really is seamless. Cruising on the highway at 60 mph will generate 37mpg on an all wheel drive car that is phenomenal. This car does gain a lot of attention from fellow motorists making you feel like your driving a car that is more expensive then it really is. Paid $32,300 OTD from Metro Auto Leasing in NY. The H&K stereo is great it definitely out performed my Bose stereo from my previous car. Really like the fact that this car is AWD can't wait to test it out in the snow. No more Torque steer. The NVH coming from the engine is wayyy more refined then previous WRX models which makes it east 2 live wit

Suggested Improvements

My suggested improvements shift engagement on the manual transmission. The engagement can feel notchie. At times it almost makes me second guess myself as if I'm shifting incorrectly, But with over 15 years of driving experience on manual cars I know it's not me. This is something Subaru needs to work out to enhance the driving experience. Also noted are reviewers complaints on road noise. But what do you expect from a Yokohama tire with a 200 tread wear? The interior is improved however it would be nice if Subaru took some notes on interior from the GTI. Lastly 20 extra hp and more boxer grunt above 4K RPM's. Don't love the Nav my $180 Garmin was on par. Warning chime on backup camera.