2015 Subaru WRX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Subaru Wrx - Consumer Reviews

2015 Subaru WRX

View reviews for a specific WRX model:

6MT 2015 WRX is the car I always dreamed of!
By 6spdwrx

2015 Subaru WRX 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my first turbo charged car and I always debated myself getting used EVO X vs new 2015 WRX. I think I made a right choice not choosing abused EVO X. My previous car was 2008 Toyota Camry with 160k miles and I decided to sell the car before it causes big problems. I read everything about 15WRX before I purchased it, so I was expecting stiff ride; first I was little annoyed but I got used to it. Twin scroll turbo was amazing and I didn't have any issues of turbo delay(it has around 5sec lag around 2500rpm). SAWD suspensions performed superior to anyother AWD cars I have driven. It cornered very sharply without hearing tire skid. Overall, I made a right choice of getting 2015 WRX.

Favorite Features

My favorite features are clustered gauges (boost, oil temperature, AWD deferential, AVG MPG, etc), twin scroll turbo, clutch pedal, standard bluetooth, backup camera and automated climate control, sti short shifter, symmetrical all wheel drive suspensions, 6speed manual transmission, large leg room, exterior and interior looks, stock exhaust system, and comfy bucket seats.

Suggested Improvements

Following needs improvements: better speakers and radio, and better bluetooth microphone.

Sold after 9months
By carolinaken69

2015 Subaru WRX Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Traded in a Mustang GT for a WRX with CVT. What a mistake. The cars electronics (radio/Bluetooth/seat heaters) are out of the early 90's. The radio has poor reception and sound quality was awful. The Bluetooth would randomly disconnect, whether using my iPhone or Android phone. The car developed a bunch of rattles. The ride was harsh and the road noise was unbearable. The front paint was flaking off. Most of the issues were well documented in service bulletins but no fixes identified. The AWD was not that good in snow. The back end would over drive and cause the back end to slide out. Traded in on another Mustang. What a mistake.

Favorite Features

None

Suggested Improvements

Electronics need to be recreated. The noise level needs significant improvement and the ride needs to be softened.

2015 WRX CVT
By rvolney

2015 Subaru WRX Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Traded in my 2008 wrx, manual for the 2015 CVT. Wanted an automatic, was delighted to hear the new WRX was in auto, even if a CVT. Love it. Boring in regular mode, fantastic in sport #. Use it mostly in the middle performance mode for everyday driving. Lots of road noise, very still suspension. Razor sharp steering I've never come across before. Paddle shifters good, only use it to do a race start. Crappy navi, good stereo with Harman option. Very good cornering, brakes a bit stiff to push but work well.

Favorite Features

Steering, cornering.

Suggested Improvements

Less road noise, more bolstered seats.

Fun, affordable, and practical!
By dunebuggy72

2015 Subaru WRX 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Was in the market for a non fwd car, manual trans, and a useable back seat for under 30k. Very few cars to choose from, but thankfully Subaru exists! Great power, just the boost takes some getting used to.Steering is tight with great feel.Very comfortable seats and visabilty front and rear is great.

Favorite Features

Its just a fun car and I cant help but grin when driving it.alot of complaints with the stock stereo ive read.I didnt find it that awful.mine came with the STI short throw shifter.highly recommended.

Suggested Improvements

The Oem tires are sticky but noisey. Wish there was a boost guage in the primary instrument cluster.You give up radio data if you want to see it..and its out of your line of sight anyway. The option packages jack the price up quicky but didnt see alot of value stepping up a notch. Two grand more for fog lights and a wee spoiler I wouldnt mind...plus stuff like heated seats I have no use for? (South Florida). You dont get anything more performance wise unless you buy a STI.

what a blast to drive & own - 6,500 mile review
By subaru_colorad

2015 Subaru WRX Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Purchased the WRX after test-drive & reading reviews of WRX and WRX STI - I liked the STI's acceleration, handling, and in particular the brakes, but did not care for the appearance of fin or stiffness. As a 40+ yr old, I was looking for a car that was fun, but non-descript in a corporate parking lot and comfortable as a commuter/pick up the kids vehicle. I've driven the WRX 6K+ miles, and live in the Colorado foothills, windy road. It is a blast! Took awhile to get used to timing (turbo lag) and too many RPM's while shifting does release a horrible smell, but this only occurs when not careful. The car is very light; braking and acceleration = very responsive. I'm 6'2 200 lbs.