2015 Subaru WRX Consumer Reviews

2015 Subaru WRX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific WRX model:
2015 WRX CVT
By rvolney on 02/12/15 13:00 PM (PST)

2015 Subaru WRX Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Traded in my 2008 wrx, manual for the 2015 CVT. Wanted an automatic, was delighted to hear the new WRX was in auto, even if a CVT. Love it. Boring in regular mode, fantastic in sport #. Use it mostly in the middle performance mode for everyday driving. Lots of road noise, very still suspension. Razor sharp steering I've never come across before. Paddle shifters good, only use it to do a race start. Crappy navi, good stereo with Harman option. Very good cornering, brakes a bit stiff to push but work well.

Fun, affordable, and practical!
By dunebuggy72 on 02/08/15 17:38 PM (PST)

2015 Subaru WRX 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Was in the market for a non fwd car, manual trans, and a useable back seat for under 30k. Very few cars to choose from, but thankfully Subaru exists! Great power, just the boost takes some getting used to.Steering is tight with great feel.Very comfortable seats and visabilty front and rear is great.

what a blast to drive & own - 6,500 mile review
By subaru_colorad on 12/17/14 12:53 PM (PST)

2015 Subaru WRX Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Purchased the WRX after test-drive & reading reviews of WRX and WRX STI - I liked the STI's acceleration, handling, and in particular the brakes, but did not care for the appearance of fin or stiffness. As a 40+ yr old, I was looking for a car that was fun, but non-descript in a corporate parking lot and comfortable as a commuter/pick up the kids vehicle. I've driven the WRX 6K+ miles, and live in the Colorado foothills, windy road. It is a blast! Took awhile to get used to timing (turbo lag) and too many RPM's while shifting does release a horrible smell, but this only occurs when not careful. The car is very light; braking and acceleration = very responsive. I'm 6'2 200 lbs.

Lots of good things in this WRX
By jlevy2 on 10/28/14 13:25 PM (PDT)

2015 Subaru WRX 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I had one of the original 2002 WRX cars and loved it. The trouble was that stock it had way too much squishy rubber to satisfy any potential buyer. New motor/trans mounts, ALK, smaller brake booster, and a bunch more urethane parts finally made it feel like a sports sedan. The 2015 feels like a sports sedan right out of the box. I hear people complain about road and wind noise, but don't find it to be an issue at all. My wife and mom don't find the ride too harsh, which surprised me. It's definitely firm, but not jarring.

Serious Fun!
By mark_fex on 08/12/14 21:23 PM (PDT)

2015 Subaru WRX 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is a fast, excellent handling little car that is inexpensive and practical. It's a little rough around the edges but I love driving this car! Sometimes I have trouble taking off smoothly but after a second of turbo lag it really moves! Handling is precise and grip is amazing. The ride is very firm but well controlled. The clutch emits a pukey smell when slipped and the A/C is marginal. There is quite a bit of road and wind noise inside. I can't seem to get the base stereo to sound good; Kicker speaker upgrade is on the way.

Everyday RocketShip
By nicks1028 on 07/23/14 10:16 AM (PDT)

2015 Subaru WRX 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Overall, I really enjoy my car. Its fast, its not too loud or too quiet. On just about any average freeway drive @ 75 mph i get about 30mpg with some passing of cars. If you drive 65mph you'll get 33-35mpg and if you cruise @ 55-60mph you will get almost 40mpg. Amazing all around car & when compared to the competition, there is no competition.

WRX grows up but still has the moves
By szr1 on 07/23/14 07:48 AM (PDT)

2015 Subaru WRX Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Overall - the new WRX is an excellent handling, attractive, quick car that can haul 4 six foot humans. Bang for the buck it competes in features and performance with cars 50%+ more expensive. The first 1500 miles have been a lesson in restraint to keep the revs down and break in the fast reving 2.0L turbo slowly. No issues or problems, this is solidly built car. It corners with amazing accuracy and traction. In the rain, its like cheating. The WRX is not just for 'boy racers' (as the press likes to say) - but for 50-somthings looking for responsible fun in all weather.

3 weeks and 3000 miles
By guzziman on 06/26/14 04:52 AM (PDT)

2015 Subaru WRX Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The Limited in stunning World Rally Blue is a work of art. A true drivers car. I am 6'2 275 lbs and plenty of room for me front and back. Excellent seats and position of controls. Superb build quality and extensive use of lightweight body panels. Engine sound and performance is designed for those who are truly drivers. Clutch feel is progressive and light enough for all day city driving. Turn in and braking is spot on. Dunlop performance rubber is a good choice. No needs for any after market upgrades. Many comments about Clarion radio..Simple reset of some settings solve this.Check on line for tweaks. Road noise is evident on anything less than smooth asphalt. Could be the tires.

2500 mile review of my WRX
By sidelined on 06/22/14 20:41 PM (PDT)

2015 Subaru WRX Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

After checking numerous car reviews and seeing the praise this vehicle was getting from many automotive journalists I was convinced this was the car I wanted. Not many people would buy a car without the initial test drive. It's almost like getting married without kissing the women you have decided to wed . However during the month of March I put a deposit down for the 2015 WRX Premium model, no leather seats was an option I could live without . The owners manual has you keeping the revs under 4000 RPM for the first 1000 miles and let me be the first to say it was treacherous. Must say the car looks better in person and grows on you. Overall I am very pleased with the car.