Used 2007 Subaru Outback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Subaru Outback - Consumer Reviews

2007 Subaru Outback

View reviews for a specific Outback model:

What a performer!
By The Subaru Nut

2007 Subaru Outback 2.5 XT Limited 4dr Wagon AWD w/Navi (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Had a '97 Outback and moved up to this because of the power and safety factors. Fabulous ride, much quieter than the '97 and does everything the old one did but better. The turbo is fantasic, fun and a wonderful enhancement. Mileage averages around 24.4 hwy/city, which I consider not bad for the fun derived. Had it 1 year now and love it! Terrific on snow and ice, and takes mountain passes here in Colorado with ease. Highly recommend to anyone, regardless of normal road conditions in their area. Would not get GPS again, my handheld Garmin is better.

Favorite Features

Turbo, great ride, quiet interior and styling!

Suggested Improvements

Make sunroof an option (so it can be eliminated), have 8 way passenger seat, memory seats, more small storage areas. Make a more user friendly GPS.

9 months of driving
By john

2007 Subaru Outback 3.0 R L.L.Bean Edition 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Between myself and my wife we have had 5 Subaru outbacks, two of which have been LLBean editions, and three had leather interior. This car carries me alone and I have had the drivers seat cover replaced 3 times so far and coming up on 4, because of abrasions in the leather surface. Subaru has replaced the seat hardware supposedly and adjusted the frame, nothing seems to correct this problem so far. My only deduction is that since my last LLBean in 2002, the seat material quality has declined. Subaru does not indicate to me that they have any major issue with the leather seating.

Favorite Features

Safety features.

Suggested Improvements

Upgrade the seat material quality.

Mr. Dependable
By David Schmidt

2007 Subaru Outback 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Traded in a 2001 LL Bean Outback. Was very impressed with the overall design, roominess, and comfort level. Also looked at Honda CRVs. There is no comparison value wise. The Subaru comes with many features that the Honda lacks, ie: power driver's seat. My concern about power in the mountains was a non-issue when using the sport shifter. Gas mileage is 27-28 on regular gas.

Favorite Features

Power drivers seat. 2 cargo nets and 2 plastic grocery bag holders keep cargo secure. Mud flaps, rubber cargo area cover, heated seats, heated windshield wipers, fog lights, and privacy curtain are all standard.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders are poorly positioned. Unlike the Forrester that has 2 added cup holders molded into the doors. Why did Subaru do away with the weather band in the radio?

Like it, but could be better
By Russ

2007 Subaru Outback 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Overall, I like the car. Mileage has been just under 27 MPG mixed driving on 3 tanks. I gave up a 1990 Volvo 240 wagon for this and I do miss the Volvo. Seating position and visibility were better in the Volvo. Performance is adequate, especially for the naturally aspirated 4-cyl. Considering the all wheel drive and ground clearance, the mileage is pretty good. Hopefully it will improve with break-in. I liked the looks of the 2007 grille much better than the new '08, so I grabbed it while I could. Haven't had it long enough to really rate reliability, so it gets an 8 rating there.

Favorite Features

Swiss Army knife of a vehicle... sharp looking, attractive and easy to clean wheels, good mileage for all wheel drive, standard roof rack and rubber liner for cargo area.

Suggested Improvements

Int fabric too light-colored. Wish it had framed windows; windows flex when closing doors; see track and leak issues down the road. Don't like integrated stereo/climate control. Non-intuitive wiper and cruise controls. Too soft rear springs. Dual exhaust on an inline/flat 4... why? (And why so quiet?)

Best AWD Sports Sedan Subaru Outback!
By dd

2007 Subaru Outback 3.0 R L.L.Bean Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the Subaru Outback LL Bean 3.0 edition after driving every possible AWD sports sedan on the planet. I traded in my 3 season luxury vehicle (2005 Cadillac CTS) for a 4 season AWD Subaru that is a safe, fun, practical and luxurious sedan. The Caddy was absolutely terrible in the snow. I drove the AWD BMW, the Audi A6, the Infiniti G35X and then I tried the Subaru LL Bean. It has all the right features with an engine that is silky smooth. I am very pleased.

Favorite Features

Wood/ leather momo steering wheel, AWD, steering wheel controls, suspension, comfy seats, stereo SRS, 6 cd, lumbar support, visibility, ruggedness.

Suggested Improvements

I wish the windows had a frame around them for support, and I wish the gas tank fill door was on driver's side (personal preference). I wish it had auto on headlights. As far as gas mileage, it's pretty good at 26 considering it's a 6cyl and AWD all the time.