2007 Subaru Outback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outback model:
Excellent Vehicle
By BuffFan on 11/21/06 18:09 PM (PST)

2007 Subaru Outback 3.0 R L.L.Bean Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased a 2007 LL Bean H6 Outback earlier this month, couldn't be happier. Build quality is excellent. More than enough power with H6 and auto transmission. Have used both heater and A/C in temp extremes, it works especially well. Large 2-stage sunroof lets in lots of light. Handling is very snug and car is controllable at its limits. Very pleased with the car overall.

Does it all
By J dub on 11/17/06 12:40 PM (PST)

2007 Subaru Outback 2.5 XT Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I wanted something that was fun to drive, tow my boat and get decent mileage. This was the perfect vehicle. I can get high twenties on the highway, tows my boat, offers the choice of a 5 speed manual (autos are for wimps), has a tremendous list of safety and comfort features, all wheel drive, and tremendous amounts of power for a family wagon. If you want to combine driving fun with economy, utility and safety, nothing in the price range comes close. In city traffic, the turbo is a blast. I have a sports car I put in storage when MN winter weather hits; this car will allow me to not miss it so much during the cold months. It's a blast.

Subaru Outback, 2.5i Manual
By The Czech on 11/10/06 15:03 PM (PST)

2007 Subaru Outback 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted Subaru for some time, finally I have it. Previously VW Golf' 99, Isuzu Rodeo '99 2WD. Must say it is a nice vehicle, fun to drive. I go to Tahoe a bit. If you want to enjoy the car take it on curvy road. It averages 30m/g on hwy. The 2.5i has good power, however another 25 HP would be nice! It lacks get up and go power, do not count on any fast take offs. It pulls nicely up the hill once you get it going. Some wind noise is present. Taking the roof cross bars down might reduce it. The beige cloths seats get dirty very quickly, go with the leather. Some rattling in the cargo area drives me crazy, can't find it. Other than that you are getting a lot for your money. I hope to enjoy it.

A 'Go anywhere, do everything vehicle'
By TheSubaruNut on 11/10/06 10:04 AM (PST)

2007 Subaru Outback 2.5 XT Limited 4dr Wagon AWD w/Navi (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

This is our 4th Subaru since 1990. This one is the best so far. Style, fit and finish are superb. The stereo with XM radio is outstanding. Wonderful sound system. Handling is great and I love the 3 position switch controlling turbo performance. In the conservative 'Intelligent' mode we get 24+ MPG and the engine has yet to be broken in. Change the switch setting to super high performance and expect to get a real thrill (but plan to pay for it in MPG's). Turning radius is very short and without a doubt the ride beats any Mercedes or Lexus I've ever ridden in. Heated seats respond quickly and will roast your back side when set to high. We have the nav system, but yet to test it.

Subaru hits a home run in 2007
By fish&skibum on 11/09/06 15:29 PM (PST)

2007 Subaru Outback 2.5 XT Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

We went to the dealer expecting to buy the 2007 LL Bean. I was disappointed with the automatic tranny. Test drove the XT turbo w/ manual shifter and fell in love with it, as did my wife. As ski instructors in Western Colorado with a 50 mile round trip commute, we need a car that works in snow. With VDC, traction control, and snow tires this car will be unstoppable. BTW, Edmund's does not show that this car comes standard with traction control, but it does. With the SI selected to Sport#, this car runs neck and neck with our '02 WRX. Corners like it too. Heated power leather seats, dual zone auto climate control, and quiet ride give this car a lot of upscale standard features.

Fun car to drive
By slerch666 on 11/09/06 09:38 AM (PST)

2007 Subaru Outback 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Having just come off a 9 year love affair with an '85 Caprice Wagon I was looking for something to fill the void. The Outback, while quite a bit smaller, fit the bill. This car handles like a dream. It is responsive and it sticks to the road. I also traded in a '95 Impala for the '07 Outback. I lost some HP but the Outback outperforms on every other level. The apparent lack of unlocking the hatchback from inside without unlocking all doors is semi-annoying. I bought the subwoofer add on and it adds a lot to the sound system. I can't believe how much FUN driving this car can be.

So far so good
By DUG7714 on 11/06/06 11:17 AM (PST)

2007 Subaru Outback 2.5 XT Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Traded my Grand Cherokee for this. Much better driver, obviously. Power is similar but handling is a world better. 20 MPG on the first tank - about equal city, highway driving in the DC area. Expect that to improve a bit. Takes a while for turbo to kick in, but I had been driving in 'Intelligent' mode a lot. After a weekend trip into the western PA mountains, my mileage seems to be improving. The seats were comfortable and the ride was great - hwy and city. I usually stop at least once on the 3 hour ride, but didn't feel the need to. Switched to Sport mode for most driving and have been enjoying the Sportshift manual. Also shopped BMW 328xi, Audi,Volvo,Saab. BMW came close, but too much $$.

2007 Ltd Outback Wagon
By Jon on 10/19/06 17:50 PM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I ordered this car with extra features installed at the port and picked it up with 4 miles on it last week on October 12th. This is my sixth Subaru and it is the best in interior finish and outside finish of the past Subarus I have owned. So far I find it to drive very smoothly and the road noise has diminished from the past Subarus I have owned. If it is like the past five Subarus I have owned I will be very satisfied with it as I have never had any problems with any of them. I find the fit, finish and mechanical portions of the car very good. I do find the rear leg room lacking when the front seats are pushed all the way back but I hear they are going to lengthen the Outback in 2009.

Very nice car, but a bit cramped interior
By VLY on 10/12/06 10:29 AM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Outback 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Bought it a month ago. Very nice car. Drives very well, 175 hp four is more than adequate. Got about 22 MPG on mixed driving. Rear seats are tight – I am 6’1” and do not have enough leg room. Front seats are too narrow – my 97 Camry’s seats are 2” wider. Right front seat is too low. I'd also like more storage areas; with two cups in front cup holders and glasses in the dash compartment I do not have a place for my cell phone. If front belt is unbuckled tones do not shut up – that is the most annoying feature in this car! I have to buckle up moving the car on driveway or a parking lot. Overall – great vehicle, very reliable per CR, looks & runs great, 4 wheel drive is a plus.

Lovin' it
By SWN on 10/10/06 18:17 PM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Outback 2.5i Basic 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this to replace a Forester - 500 miles so far and I love it. Great lines, nice cockpit feel, handling is excellent. Very well equipped for a base model, including AWD and all Subaru's standard safety features. 2007 base model dropped in price from last year due to them removing alloys, electric driver seat, rear cargo area cover...I don't need that, I'd rather save $1500.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.