Used 2007 Subaru Legacy Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Reviews

2007 Subaru Legacy Sedan

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:

Perfect sleeper Subie.
By Elisabeth

2007 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 GT spec.B 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I wanted a shifter sedan that had AWD but something different from an Audi/BMW. I loved the looks of this car and how solid it feels when driving. To me it is a true sport sedan. I think I would be happier with the short-throw gearbox and will probably have that installed by the dealer before too long. It is a great road trip car but definitely sucks down the premium fuel. Overall I have been very happy with the car and plan to drive it for years to come. I had an Acura previously and while I think the Subaru is much more fun to drive I miss the interior quality of the Acura.

Favorite Features

Definitely the horsepower. It would be difficult to go back to a car with less.

Suggested Improvements

The sound system leaves a lot to be desired. There is NO storage in the cabin of this car - even the glove box is too shallow to fit my sunglasses. The seats are nice but interior fit and finish in general is not the quality I would have expected in a car in this price range.

SpecB is Tremendous
By Fizxman_37

2007 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 GT spec.B 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Traded in a Mazda 6s 5speed for the Legacy SpecB. Subaru is superior to the Mazda in ride quality, comfort, fit and finish inside the car, and certainly performance. Few vehicles perform like this one does while treating driver and passengers to such a pleasant riding experience. I like the styling, too. Understated is fine by me - it is no fun driving a "cop magnet"! My experience has been spectacular so far!

Favorite Features

Performance and handling. Classic, understated styling. Wonderfully smooth ride.

Suggested Improvements

A little more leg room would be nice, especially for the driver.

Awesome Car
By Jake

2007 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have about 1900 miles on this car. The leather is beautiful. The driving performance is outstanding! Wonderful car for highway and city driving. Great maneuverability. Good sound system, not great radio reception. Excellent acceleration/horsepower. Gave up thoughts of the the Honda Accord and Toyota Camry. Wanted a smaller driver's car. This is it!

Favorite Features

Leather quality; auto-stick; handling, build quality; heated seats.

Suggested Improvements

Ability to roll down windows when engine is off, a bit more room in back seat.

Great Car
By troy

2007 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Great car, great engine, the interior is nearly perfect. Drives better than a Volvo and cheaper, but doesnt feel cheap. Fit and finish among the best.

Favorite Features

AWD, midsize fuel economy and suv capabilty.

Suggested Improvements

None really.

Mileage Improving
By blogan

2007 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

The Park Avenue I traded for this car reliably gave me 30+ mpg on the highway. Hated to give that up. Recently did my first long trip, NYC to Michigan and back. Kept up with traffic so above speed limit much of the trip and had fun doing it. Over 29 mpg round trip. Latest run to City and back, a 160 round trip on the expressway, got over 30 and was not taking it easy. Fuel economy is understated!

Favorite Features

Performance and handling.

Suggested Improvements

More than two settings on the lumbar support lever.