Traded My Legacy for an Impreza
By ChuckB on
2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)
This is my third Subaru and I traded in a 2001 Legacy Sedan Limited Edition for it two weeks ago. I selected the 2008 Impreza because of its looks, performance, price and safety features. I test drove a 2007 Impreza Outback Wagon (the dealer was trying to give it away) and was not happy with its performance or appearance. The re-designed 2008 has an upgraded appearance and performance with a sport car attitude. While it may not look like a traditional Impreza, I think the exterior is sharper than the 2008 Legacy Sedans (looks like a VW Jetta). I am very happy with my selection, its driveability and (of course) its AWD and great handling (better than the Legacy).
Favorite Features
Have to get the Premium Package (it's worth the extra $1200 or so). You get six disc CD, upgraded interior, fog lamps, & vehicle dynamics control (VDC)-a great safety feature. Also has 16" aluminum alloy wheel, dual front air bags, side curtain airbags, 4 wheel DISC brakes.
Suggested Improvements
So far my gas mileage around the city has been on the low end of the stated fuel economy rating, 16-17 mpg. While the overall drive is smooth, it does have the usual Subaru automatic gear shifing slight delay-but the 08 is much better than 07 and no worse than other Subarus. Need rear cup holders!