2000 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Loved the Impreza RS!!
By SportyChic on 08/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Subaru Impreza RS 4dr Sedan AWD

This was my first car, and I absolutely loved it. Never failed me in the snow storms. Perfectly hugs the road and turns like you're in a high speed car chase! It was my baby, and now it's going to my younger sister. If you love to drive fast and look good doing it, this is the car.

One of Subaru's Greatest Accomplishments
By 2.5RS on 07/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Subaru Impreza RS 4dr Sedan AWD

The Subaru Impreza RS is one of the most exciting vehicles on the road today. It tears into corners with dignity and grace. Then flys out of them like a Banshee. It has ample acceleration and destroys those kids with tricked out Honda with ease off the line. I give the Subaru Impreza RS a perfect 10.

only problems
By scooby2 on 07/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Subaru Impreza RS 2dr Coupe AWD

I had only problems with this car, they had to change the clutch, the alarm, twice the windows due to scratch, the rail of the moon roof, paint can scratch very easely, metal parts are bad quality and so on. The car was apparently not checked at the manufacturing plant exit. I have now the engine that misfires, a strange paper burnt odor that the dealer cannot fixed. Very poor customer service and inefficient dealer. I would not recommand the car to anyone. Too much body roll when driving hard and the clutch is a nightmare when cold and when driving fast.

Dejvu All Over Again
By Big truck driver on 06/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4dr Wagon AWD

Neding a small and reliable car for daily commute, I looked over Honda, Nissan, and the Dodge Neon, finally deciding on the Suburu Outback Sport.I have been driving a 1998 Dodge Ram 4x4 crew cab for the past three years and needed something more economical for my 35 mile one way daily commute. The only thing getting used to was the size difference.Exterior looks great. Bought used but well taken care of. It's a pleasure and lots of fun to drive. Interior could be appointed a bit nicer for the price of the car, Who ever designed the cup holder to sit in front of the dash vent and heter/air controls should be looking for a new job.

Great car/crappy company service
By bookburner451 on 06/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Subaru Impreza RS 2dr Coupe AWD

I love this car except for the fact I've had to replace the wheel bearings three times already. This is a common defect,which can be fixed easily by replacing with outback bearings, according many of the club sites, but Subaru Customer service varies greatly depending on location. I had a sales nightmare at Steven's Creek. Livermore Subaru put you through the wringer when I tried to get warrantied repairs done. Turlock Subaru was awesome. They are the only reason I stayed with Subaru.

Hot RS
By 1236585224 on 06/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Subaru Impreza RS 2dr Coupe AWD

Great little car. Snow will not stop this car. After this NY winter, I KNOW!!!

I really wish this had been a better car
By ImissmyVW on 04/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Subaru Impreza RS 2dr Coupe AWD

Well, I've had this car for two years and it's been nothing but a burden. Despite following all care and warranty maintenance schedules. I've had engine problems with throttle loss. (Chronic) The stainless steel exhaust still got a hole in the mid pipe. I don't drive it hard or lean on the clutch but I've replaced the clutch at 70,000 KMS and not two days later the engine starts to misfire needs new distributor, leads and spark plugs. The auto window elevators have also left scratches on both driver and passenger window. A slew of other little problems. I had some fun but it wasn't worth the money.

Great car
By Erik Raab on 02/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Subaru Impreza RS 4dr Sedan AWD

very good in snow, Fun to drive, Safe, worth every penny!

Good pick for the time
By sjh on 02/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4dr Wagon AWD

There are things I love and hate about my 2000 subaru. It handles GREAT! I can really feel the AWD kick in. But I hate some of the littler things. My muffler has rattled since day one, and the dealer keeps telling me nothing is wrong - though my mechanic says there is a piece of metal in the muffler. My visor keeps falling off. I have to keep a screwdriver under my seat. The air flow switch jams. The car is quite noisey because of the framework and some cheaper interior parts. The frameless windows lets water in. It scratches and scuffs easily. The bunch of little things make me think I won't do it again, though it's been reliable and nice handling.

Wonderful car
By my car on 12/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Subaru Impreza RS 4dr Sedan AWD

I bought this car right when it came out, and I have never regretted it. From the time that I have had the car, the only real problem I have had is that the alarm got messed up at one point, and a Subaru Dealership fixed it, provided me a rental, and had the car towed in all for no charge, even though the warranty was already up. I have been hit a few times since I got this car, and every time the body of my car would show only a scratch when the other car would need some major work. I would definietly recommend this car to anyone, especially with the good mileage and with how well the car retains its value.