Good Commuter for the money
By jazbo01 on
2008 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
When our first baby came we needed more room and living in wisonsin my wife wanted AWD, we looked into many SUVs and decided on a Rogue AWD. I am very happy with the car so far. My wife travels for her job and we now have 140K on the car! We have had NO issues what so ever! I do all my own maintenance except we had the dealer do the tranny service. It actually has really good passing power and with the CVT tranny you just pin it and let it go! Fun little car in the snow too..very predictable and easy to handle. Fuel Economy is great esp for a AWD. We travel rough dirt roads and it is as tight as the day we bought it! Despite other reviews i highly reccomend the Rouge!
Favorite Features
AWD, Fuel economy, cheap to own! AWD lock button and the ability to turn off the vehicle dynamic control. Tough little rig for being an import, hit a deer at 45 mph and only broke the grill emblem! We love the baby seat brackets nice and easy to get to. She drives mostly rural and it rides very well. Stops on a dime!
Suggested Improvements
More bottom end torque.. wife got plowed in with a foot of really wet sticky snow and it didnt have the power to spin the tires to get out! Gave it a neutral drop (not recommended) got the tires to spin and it drove right out though! Also could use a better stereo in my opinion....but we have the cheaper model..not a lot of standard features..just the essentals
By jazbo01
on 03/31/12 19:29 PM (PDT)

newowner2012, my wife says she gets 24-26 mpg consistently during the work week in warm temps and 21-23 in the winter. This winter she told me it was down to 18mpg so i cleaned the injectors, im a service tech so I have the tools..the dealer charges around $100 but it is WELL worth it! after that she is back up to where she should be..id reccomend having that done the next time you are in for service and also changing your airfilter religously and i also run tire pressure at 40 psi and keep them rotated.. We also are using synthetic engine oil...hope this helps you out!

By newowner2012
on 03/07/12 19:25 PM (PST)

What kind of mileage are you getting? I am averaging about 22 - 23 and I drive mostly highway. I am not happy. I have a FWD. I am curious what your experience has been.