Used 2008 Nissan Rogue SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:

The Ride
By Frank

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV SL SULEV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Have owned this car for about a year. GAs got to $.00 gal so had to try something else. I drove this the Honda CRV, and Toyota and found the best mixture of creature comforts was the Nissan. CRV had no get up and go, Toyota was to pricy for the product.This offered the best ride, economy, and value. We are considering getting another one for my wife.

Handling, and economy

Reduce highway noise in the back and give the BOSE system the Base sounds they are noted for.

"Very Disappointed"
By LISA

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I buy my Rouge in July 2008 in my 4 months used the car CheckEngine on. The dealer say me nothing happen only need be careful to gas plugin correctly and the checkengine is off. But that not happen. My second request to check the car dealer found a problem is the gas censor had fabric damage. The dearler repair but in 1 year have the car appear more problems at this time is the temperature very high, airconditioner dont working and shaky all car.

Be careful to the garantie for fabricant because rouge 2008 have serious mechanic problems.

Heart Broken
By deb

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've had my Rogue since Dec of 2008.So far I've had to replace the transmission at 10,000 miles. So I am very disappointed in Nissian had high expectations for this vehicle. Sure hope Nissian can get thier act together and fix this defect. I've had Nissians in the past and this has mad me loose confidence in them.

Gas mileage is great and rides smooth.

Transmission ,front and rear lumbar and rear seating is uncomfortable. Not enough cargo space .

Nissan Rogue SL 2WD 2008
By Charles

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We drive mostly in town, stop and go traffic (estimate 85%). Our gas mileage since purchase is 23.79 MPG for total mileage of 7000+ miles. It handles very well in town as well as interstate speed of 75 MPH. When climbing steep grades it is so smooth with the transmission. No sudden jerk it just varies itself and the engine speeds up smoothly to handle the grade. We have had it for 15 months and have not had to take it in for "ANY" problem. It is a great vehicle. I highly recommend it. Our only negative is the speedometer does not have a bright marker in 5 MPH increments. It is in 10 MPH Increments.

Pleased with everything.

Change speedometer to highlight speed in 5 MPH increments.

Fun car, love it!
By T

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I traded in my Corolla S for the Rogue when my lease was up & I love it. Rear window takes some getting used to (so did my Prius) tho after 2 or 3 weeks it was nothing. Both my husband & myself find that it has a smooth ride & is very comfortable. I get pretty good mileage- 24.4-24.8 MPG for the life of the car average, which is 97% in town (compared to 30 in Corolla 1/2 fwy, 1/2 city) & I love to drive fast. I just can't resist in such a peppy car & in that aspect its way more impressive than the Corolla & its much bigger. Its very cute inside & out. Looked at 7 other cars before deciding on this one-I'm glad we waited! I highly recommend it to anyone who wants a car they will love.

CVT, Bose sound, mileage, peppiness, comfort, trunk organizer under the floor, interior space, vertical seat adjustment for the vertically challenged, such as myself (@ 5'3), works equally as well to give extra room for my dear husband who is 6'2ish; gas on the passenger side.. just everything!

Passenger airbag turns off when I'm in the passenger seat, they checked it out & said its fine, I disagree.. Minor things otherwise-backup sensors/camera, bluetooth standard, locking gas door thing. Side mirrors sometimes whistle when driving about 70- 85, DH said it happened in Corolla also