Used 2008 Nissan Rogue SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Rogue - Consumer Reviews

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:

Heart Broken
By deb

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've had my Rogue since Dec of 2008.So far I've had to replace the transmission at 10,000 miles. So I am very disappointed in Nissian had high expectations for this vehicle. Sure hope Nissian can get thier act together and fix this defect. I've had Nissians in the past and this has mad me loose confidence in them.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage is great and rides smooth.

Suggested Improvements

Transmission ,front and rear lumbar and rear seating is uncomfortable. Not enough cargo space .

Nissan Rogue SL 2WD 2008
By Charles

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We drive mostly in town, stop and go traffic (estimate 85%). Our gas mileage since purchase is 23.79 MPG for total mileage of 7000+ miles. It handles very well in town as well as interstate speed of 75 MPH. When climbing steep grades it is so smooth with the transmission. No sudden jerk it just varies itself and the engine speeds up smoothly to handle the grade. We have had it for 15 months and have not had to take it in for "ANY" problem. It is a great vehicle. I highly recommend it. Our only negative is the speedometer does not have a bright marker in 5 MPH increments. It is in 10 MPH Increments.

Favorite Features

Pleased with everything.

Suggested Improvements

Change speedometer to highlight speed in 5 MPH increments.

Fun car, love it!
By T

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I traded in my Corolla S for the Rogue when my lease was up & I love it. Rear window takes some getting used to (so did my Prius) tho after 2 or 3 weeks it was nothing. Both my husband & myself find that it has a smooth ride & is very comfortable. I get pretty good mileage- 24.4-24.8 MPG for the life of the car average, which is 97% in town (compared to 30 in Corolla 1/2 fwy, 1/2 city) & I love to drive fast. I just can't resist in such a peppy car & in that aspect its way more impressive than the Corolla & its much bigger. Its very cute inside & out. Looked at 7 other cars before deciding on this one-I'm glad we waited! I highly recommend it to anyone who wants a car they will love.

Favorite Features

CVT, Bose sound, mileage, peppiness, comfort, trunk organizer under the floor, interior space, vertical seat adjustment for the vertically challenged, such as myself (@ 5'3), works equally as well to give extra room for my dear husband who is 6'2ish; gas on the passenger side.. just everything!

Suggested Improvements

Passenger airbag turns off when I'm in the passenger seat, they checked it out & said its fine, I disagree.. Minor things otherwise-backup sensors/camera, bluetooth standard, locking gas door thing. Side mirrors sometimes whistle when driving about 70- 85, DH said it happened in Corolla also

Good Choice!
By ks

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Needed to buy a 4cylinder (sigh) as gas prices are SKY HIGH in Hawaii. So glad I chose the Rogue SL. It handles like a sedan except it's higher above the road - like an SUV. Turning radius is fantastic. Gas mileage is good and it really is FUN to drive! Bose system w/6 CD changer is a winner.

Favorite Features

Smoothe ride and Bose stereo system. Tinted windows in back are done so that there is minimal visibility into the car.

Suggested Improvements

Would be nice if the rear window w/easier to see through.

Love My Roque
By RogueFan

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I love my 2008 Nissan Rogue. It is my first "grown up" car, and I have thoroughly enjoyed having it. My husband and I are both over 6' tall, and we both fit comfortably in the front seats. The interior and exterior are very well-designed (this opinion is coming from a professional product designer). Nissan really did a great job of including a number of convenient features in the Rogue (i.e., a deep glove compartment, nice cup holders, an auxiliary plug, pen holders, insurance card holders, etc.). The Rogue comes with great safety features such as side curtain air bags and a tire air pressure monitor. These are great features that come standard on the base model Rogue S.

Favorite Features

I love having a back seat that folds down. It makes it easy and convenient to haul stuff. Those who need to carry lumber should get the Rogue SL; the front passenger seat folds down in that model but not in the S.

Suggested Improvements

I would like better lighting in the trunk end of the car. It would be nice to have mirrors on the drivers and/or passenger's sun visors. I've also noticed that when it rains it sounds like one of my car doors is open. Somehow the sound is more noticeable in this car than others I have driven.