Used 2008 Nissan Rogue SUV Consumer Reviews - 251 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:

Mouse in the house
By Canadian Rogue Owner

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We love this car. The clearance and fuel economy were the deciding factors for buying it. We live on a farm and have experienced in the seven months that we've owned it: two separate mouse nests in the heater fan, dirt and ice build up in the wheels and grinding noise from the front end (which is now on going). We didn't have problems like this with the Oldsmobile we used as a trade in. We also added a spoiler to reduce the dust and snow build- up on the back window, but it didn't do that. The spoiler did help the fuel economy somewhat though. We are getting the stated fuel economy and it is fun to drive.

XM radio, bluetooth, keyless entry and start, CVT and the shifters on the steering wheel.

Something needs to be added to the ventilation system to keep rodents out and the wheels could use a redesign to keep mud and ice out. Auto headlights would be nice too.

Love Car... without the problems!
By MYCAR

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We purchased this vehicle in Jan after searching for many months. Had a 6 cyl Ford Windstar minivan, and wanted SUV style w/o the high cost and poor gas milage. After 3300 miles, like other reviewers began hearing rattling noice in driver front side, as well as hesitation when accelerating. Brought back in at 8500 miles, and was told need new transmission! They have had to replace others. I just got the car back 3 days ago, and it STILL hesitates, however rattling is gone, for now. Loved this car, however not sure if it's going to last me many more years. Don't roll down the 2 back windows, as air pressure/noise is terrible.

VDC, very comfortable to drive (travel for a living), great gas mileage,

Better transmission! Improve visibility in rear.

A great, fun, economical, cheap, vehicle
By VeryImpressed

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV SL SULEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Finally. We have a crossover that is all car in terms of comfort and luxury design. And yet tall and visible like an SUV. The Rogue has an impressive road presence that I really enjoy. It certainly isn't as tall as the Xterra I turned in. But it impresses me in every category. For an i4 this car is very torquey but you will want the manual shift... otherwise it is slow to respond. The leather is beautiful. Bose system is a typical Bose system :). I should have gotten a moonroof. The car whips around turns and turns heads. It feels slow but it is because of the great suspension. You're actually outrunning all those people around you. Buy a Rogue!

Leather, smooth CVT, torquey I-4, Bose, passenger comfort, Homelink, Bluetooth! XM, seats that "hug" you. Manual shift (very fun)! Suspension.

Bigger armrest, Read fold down armrest (this vehicle "almost" qualifies as luxury), better console storage compartment. Door storage bins.

Nissan Rogue SUV
By A Rogue

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV SL SULEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought the Nissan Rogue SUV AWD, totally fit out with all the luxury package items about 4 weeks ago. So far, I like the following aspects: cool design, engine power, radio/Bose speakers/satellite, cargo room, ease of use. I think the car rides a little harshly and jiggles and jumps too easily in response to bumps. It should have a memory seat feature also. However, it does satisfy my wish for a car/SUV that is sports, gets > 20 mpg in city driving, has cargo room, and lots of amenities.

Satellite radio, responsive engine, cool design.

Memory seating. Smoother ride (? less sporty drive train)

Very Nice
By eagleman1963

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

The Rogue is a very attractive SUV we traded our 2005 Pathfinder in for the Rogue mainly for better gas mileage We have now owned our Rogue for about 3 weeks during this time we took it on a 800 mile road trip it seemed to perform and handle quite well we did notice that on rougher stretches of highway we had some vibration and rattling not what we were use to on the way to our destination we averaged about 22 MPG due to heavy winds part of the way and on the way home about 26.5 MPG not bad but I was hoping for a little better mileage.

Nice interior design and great body design.

Need to make the vehicle more sound, also experienced some vibration noise on the outside of the vehicle almost a rumble strip noise when driving in high cross winds as well as inside rattling. Have the option for more comfortable and electric seat options for cloth seats