Used 2008 Nissan Rogue SUV Consumer Reviews - 251 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:

Great Small SUV
By bradwesley

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This was a great buy. I am very impressed with its great mpg. I get about 23-25 mpg in the city and about 29-30 mpg on the highway. I am also impressed with its acceleration. I have no problem passing on the highway. I really enjoy the CVT. It is smooth and very nice. The interior is very nice and functional.

The CVT and the acceleration of its 4 cyl. engine. Car has great gas mileage.

The seats could be more comfortable. Also, I am not a fan of the front grille.

A Process of Elimination
By kim

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I wanted a vehicle that was under $30k and gas mileage of 25 mpg+. Checked the Saturn Vue, Honda CRV, Toyota Rav4 and Ford Edge. All nice cars. But the Rogue's design won me over. It's very sporty and I get a lot of compliments. The CVT is smooth. I do worry about the transmission problems I've read other people are having. The black leather seating is luxurious. I have averaged 26.3 mpg for 5 fill ups so far. I'm 6'2 and have plenty of room. I wish it had a telescoping steering wheel so I don't have to stretch my arms out all the time. I have driven a suv for 14 yrs and the Rogue is the quietest vehicle I have been in by far. I can't hear the engine.

Leather package, heated seats, heated mirrors, xm radio and I just love the voice activated bluetooth. Just touch a button on the steering wheel and you're talking. Very good gas mileage.

Front grille needs some pizzaz. Reverse sensors would be wise as visability is not the best. Larger visible computer center. Need gas cap on driver's side. A few more compartments on center counsel. Paddle shifters are useless to me. I feel them a little on the down shift. That's it.

My "Little" Rogue
By hydro1

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV SL SULEV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I looked and looked for the right car to replace my 98 Honda Odyssey (all done w/babies and toddlers, yea!). Started wanting a wagon, but ended up in the crossover market. I'm so happy with my choice, and I can't believe how well it's fitting into our lives. It's actually more roomy in the front than our van. The kids are super comfortable in the back seats and don't seem to miss the reclining feature at all. I find plenty of room in the cargo area, and am figuring out how to rack it up to be able to carry bikes, skis, etc. Love the black/red cloth interior, it's kind of retro and very cool.

Controls on the steering wheel, XM, flip up cargo carrier in the back to hold groceries from rolling all over the back, moon roof, 4-cylinder that feels plenty peppy.

Tire noise seems really loud on some surfaces. Maybe they are overly inflated?? I'm going to change them asap to Nokian Happekeliita WRs. Hope that will help! Wish I could've gotten Bluetooth without jumping up to leather, etc.

Love My Rogue
By Renoguy

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have had my Rogue for 2 months so far with no problems. I bought a locking gas cap. Some have mentioned the limited vis- ability when backing up, but I like this as it gives me more privacy when driving. When backing up I just raise myself up in the seat to see better. So far all is great including gas mileage. I traded in a Toyota Rav4 for the Rogue and am very happy.

Ride and styling. Very comfortable seats.

When I turn on the air blower the AC seems to automatically start. In the daytime I cannot see the little light on the AC and it runs when I don't want it. Maybe an on and off button on the AC so I could tell at a glance it was on. Also a locking gas cap.

Nissan Rogue SL AWD - A Great Find!
By E. P.

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV SL SULEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I looked/drove many cars bfore this purchase - Forester, Matrix, Patriot, Compass, etc. I was so impressed with the Rogue. The fit, finish & interior is excellent. There is more driver room than my wife's Sienna. I was impressed with the mpg, standard airbags, vsc, and room. It drives smoothly, handles well in turns, and the front seats are very comfortable. Critics claim the cargo area is too small. I find it adequate. The Orange color gets much attention and looks great. I didn't get leather (first time ever) and am happy with the cloth. This product feels substantial and refined.

Fit & finish, MPG with AWD, ride quality, front seats, safety features, CVT with shifters on wheel, keyless entry/start, stereo system, driving height, computer screen location.

Body side moldings please!, hard to see temp lights on dials during daytime, a bit of a nose job needed, lockable fuel door, rear visibility could be better.