Murano, Transmitions are ok dont worry,
By chrssll on
2003 Nissan Murano SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)
Hello my name is Chris from Ma, I just purchased my 2003 Murano SL AWD with 63k on it. I love the interior and exterior. I read the reviews about the CVT transmissions with customers having issues with them. I called Nissan today because I had thought i was having trouble with my tranny but they told me most people don't know and aren't used to driving with the CVT thats why they think they are having trouble with them. Nissan recently extended their warranty to 10 years or 120,000 miles on any Nissan with the CVT. You don't have to do any thing to receive this warranty what so ever. ALSO if you have repaired your transmission withing the 120K they will send you in full your money back.
Favorite Features
DUAL EXHAUST is the main reason, Very sporty AWD sun roof, cool looking exterior, NAVIGATION. Everything. GREAT fuel economy. I get 19MPG in city and 23MPG highway. PUT the PREMIUM FUEL in by the way it helps out a lot it actually saves you money on fuel believe me!
Suggested Improvements
The transmission to me could still use some adjustments so we all don't have to think were having issues with the transmissions but other than that its great.
By larry1962
on 09/10/12 08:12 AM (PDT)

Sorry Chris, but if you want a real answer do not speak to Nissan! Same thing with my Murano. The CVT transmission dies a slow death, unlike regular treansmissions, so it is possible to drive the car for many months without it going totally. I had my transmission replaced 45,000 miles after months of complaining. All the way, Nissan told me it was not a transmission problem. Took the Murano to a third party and they confirmed within 15 minutes that it was in fact the transmission. Nissan finally acknowledged that it was and replaced transmission for free even through it was outside the warrantly time.