2003 Nissan Murano - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Murano model:
Numero Uno mid size SUV
By bigdon1 on 01/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Murano SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have been looking into mid sized SUV for about 3 years now and I am very glad I waited to 2003 to make it my buying year and bought the Murano. After dreaming about and test driving the RX 300, I am happy to say that the Murano puts it to shame. The drive quality is undescribable and one that needs to be experienced to really believe. The transmission is very smmoth and you can feel the power of the engine from the moment you step on the gas pedal. 245 hp and torque is availble quite readily and the ease of control over so much power is impeccable. This will definitely be a top ten SUV in a very short space of time.

I LOVE MY MURANO
By Priscilla on 01/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Murano SL Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I DOWN-SIZED FROM A YUKON XL, AND MADE THE RIGHT CHOICE. I REALLY ENJOY DRIVING MY NEW SL MURANO. IT IS FUN, PRACTICAL AND BOY DOES IT EVER GET THE LOOKS! GAS IS CHEAP TOO! :)

Fell in love after the test drive...
By Mr. Murano on 01/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Murano SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Shopped Honda Pilot and Toyota Highlander before purchasing Murano. The test drive won me over. If your looking for the same old, same old then stick with Honda and Toyota. If your looking for a new stylish design with all the right eronomics, this is the vehicle. Built on the Altima platform, plenty of safety features.

Safe in the Lap of Luxury
By To The Moon on 01/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Murano SE AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Purchased a Murano SE 2 weeks ago and Edmunds.com helped so much in our research...thank you! First made a list of what we needed, the plushness of the Murano was a plus. Graduating from a van we test drove (that I recall) Pilot, CRV, Rav, and Pathfinder and inspected many others. Focused on the Pilot then we drove the Murano and fell in love with fully loaded SE (didn't want DVD or GIS). Pricing (asked to see dealers invoice), mpg, safety & smooth/solid ride of this dream contributed to our purchase decision. It's smooth rounded exterior is a pleasure to run a shammy over, no crevices for grit to settle in.

Liking my new Murano
By Jesus Cervnates on 01/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Murano SE AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This Vehical is definetly beautiful, inside and out. 245HP engine and 246 pounds of torque. Stays head-to-head with the luxury class. Smooth CVT and Bose system. NICE! Ride quality is exceptional. Minimal road noise on standard 18's. Extremely Happy!!!

the future is now
By musa on 01/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Murano SL Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

the best ride money can buy

Denise
By Neesie on 01/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Murano SE AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I love my Missan Murano. This is my first SUV and I am so glad that I bought the Murano. The first week or so that I had it, I could not go anywhere without someone asking me about it. It handles like a car and is so much fun to drive. It is very comfortable to drive and handles very well.

Awful Options Packaging
By Smart Money on 01/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Murano SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

There I was all set to plop down hard money for the new Murano SL AWD. The car handled like a smart sedan and had the styling and utility of the very best out there. However, when it came to ordering the only option I wanted (leather seats) I was introduced to an options requirement that ran the charge for the leather seats to over four grand. Porsche doesn't even get away with this much of gouge! I actually had to order a sun roof just to get leather.

Initial Report of Murano SL AWD
By on 01/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Murano SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Fit and finish are exemplary, as are the engine and transmission. Acceleration is seemless, and it's quiet at speed. Braking and steering give confidence. The suspension feels taut yet supple. The interior is laid out nicely. Fuel consumption is below expectations. The Bose stereo system is wonderful. Easy to find a comfortable driving position. The sunroof is quite noisy when open. An awful buffeting sound when rear windows are lowered. Using the digital display control panel seemed daunting at first, but after a few minutes I found it to be easy to use and understand. Overall, the Murano is well thought out and pleasant to drive.

Hard to Walkaway after Test Driving it.
By Phil B on 01/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Murano SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

All we wanted to do on New Years Eve was see the Murano up close and see what it had to offer. The dealer drove one out from the back lot, Pewter with a loud "orange" interior. It looked like a concept car put into production. We looked at the Saturn Vue the day before, granted different price ranges, but the Murano was tough to walk away from. Drove it home that night!