Used 2003 Nissan Murano Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Nissan Murano - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Murano model:

Urban Assault Vehicle
By stonemaster

2003 Nissan Murano SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I actually wanted an SUV more suited for the city, not off roading; one with unique styling, decent power, and unlike the rest of the SUV pack. The Murano fit the bill perfectly. An eye catcher, the Murano is also fun to drive with tons of storage and cargo space. I love it!

The CVT is smooth and surprisingly responsive. The Murano handles more like a sport sedan than a truck. The Navigation system is excellent though takes a bit of practice to get used to. It features a "bird's eye view" display with gives a perspective view of where you are headed.

The muffler, for example, hangs very low off the chassis which makes off-roading a no-no. Nissan should tuck it up higher.

Really bummed...
By HColeman

2003 Nissan Murano SL Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is my 3rd Nissan-but my first brand new car. What a nightmare! Love the Murano itself, but I got a lemon! My car has less than 4,000 mi and has been in shop 5 times in last 6 weeks. Entire wiring harness was replaced last week. Trying to get issue resolved with Nissan, but a lot of red tape. Really hoping to get the new car I paid so much for soon because I have not enjoyed this car.

Sunroof, cargo tray for my dogs and the great sound system!

Customer relations and response

EASY CHOICE
By nami

2003 Nissan Murano SE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Murano was our first choice. It was a easy choice. We were looking for riding comfort and spacious interior. Maurano seats, when set at the highest level are the highest of my test rides in Montaineer, explorer, Pilot, and some mini vans. With the retractible pedals, the heated seats and the high seating my ride is so much better.Murano looks good, rides good, have great open feeling inside and also better gas mileage than other SUV type vehicles.

High seats. Heated seats. 18" tires. Retractable pedals. Automatically tint- adjusting rear mirrors.

Softer background to the sppedometer, fuel tank etc on left hand side ofthe dashboard.

First non-american car I bought
By extonguy2

2003 Nissan Murano SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I went on line got the invoice price & negotiated from there. It was a no hassle sale & the car rides like a dream. Great sound system, lots of room. I'm 6' tall & someone can sit behind me without having their knees around their throats.

Bose sound system is great.

none @ this time, just had it 2 days

Nissan Marrano SL FWD
By cherigit

2003 Nissan Murano SL Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Have the Marrano for 12 weeks. I have had no problems of any kind. Love the exterior styling. Love the interior styling and room. Like the rear flat folding seats.I feel the handling and performance is very good for an SUV. I really like the b&g pedals that adjust, along with the dual air, stereo, auto on/off lights and sun roof. The gas milage is getting better, I have gotten it as high as 25 mpg for highway,around 20 city.

Adjustable b&g pedals. Everything about the car.

More side support for seat bottom.