Used 2003 Nissan Murano Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Nissan Murano - Consumer Reviews

2003 Nissan Murano

View reviews for a specific Murano model:

Urban Assault Vehicle
By stonemaster

2003 Nissan Murano SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I actually wanted an SUV more suited for the city, not off roading; one with unique styling, decent power, and unlike the rest of the SUV pack. The Murano fit the bill perfectly. An eye catcher, the Murano is also fun to drive with tons of storage and cargo space. I love it!

Favorite Features

The CVT is smooth and surprisingly responsive. The Murano handles more like a sport sedan than a truck. The Navigation system is excellent though takes a bit of practice to get used to. It features a "bird's eye view" display with gives a perspective view of where you are headed.

Suggested Improvements

The muffler, for example, hangs very low off the chassis which makes off-roading a no-no. Nissan should tuck it up higher.

I ADORE MY MURANO!
By seahorse60

2003 Nissan Murano SL Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I've loved this vehicle since I saw its first commercial (using "Smoke on the Water" and the jukebox!) Its look had me right away, and I knew I had to see it. One month later, at the Chicago Auto Show, I saw it, sat in it, and knew it would be mine. 6 months later it is, and it is my favorite vehicle of any I've had....looks, performance, handling....you name it....all #1!

Favorite Features

The LOOK is incredible, and what it packs with that look makes this a first- class vehicle, that I think will be around for a long time, and will be remembered for its looks, similar to the way we remember the '57 Bel Air, the first Corvette, etc.!

Suggested Improvements

I can't think of any improvements; I'd be surprised if anyone else can either!

First non-american car I bought
By extonguy2

2003 Nissan Murano SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I went on line got the invoice price & negotiated from there. It was a no hassle sale & the car rides like a dream. Great sound system, lots of room. I'm 6' tall & someone can sit behind me without having their knees around their throats.

Favorite Features

Bose sound system is great.

Suggested Improvements

none @ this time, just had it 2 days

Really bummed...
By HColeman

2003 Nissan Murano SL Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is my 3rd Nissan-but my first brand new car. What a nightmare! Love the Murano itself, but I got a lemon! My car has less than 4,000 mi and has been in shop 5 times in last 6 weeks. Entire wiring harness was replaced last week. Trying to get issue resolved with Nissan, but a lot of red tape. Really hoping to get the new car I paid so much for soon because I have not enjoyed this car.

Favorite Features

Sunroof, cargo tray for my dogs and the great sound system!

Suggested Improvements

Customer relations and response

Nissan Marrano SL FWD
By cherigit

2003 Nissan Murano SL Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Have the Marrano for 12 weeks. I have had no problems of any kind. Love the exterior styling. Love the interior styling and room. Like the rear flat folding seats.I feel the handling and performance is very good for an SUV. I really like the b&g pedals that adjust, along with the dual air, stereo, auto on/off lights and sun roof. The gas milage is getting better, I have gotten it as high as 25 mpg for highway,around 20 city.

Favorite Features

Adjustable b&g pedals. Everything about the car.

Suggested Improvements

More side support for seat bottom.