2005 Nissan Maxima Consumer Review: Transmission problems

2005 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Review

Transmission problems
By cardenasj2038 on

2005 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a new 2005 Nissan Maxima and recently I have had some transmission issues. The gears have been sticking and slipping and so I took it to the dealership and was informed that I need a new transmission and that my warranty expired 890 miles before I took it in (my warranty on the transmission was until the car reached 60,000 miles). The dealership then informed me that it would cost $5300 to replace this. I did some research on the internet and found out that I am no the only person with this issue, and I also noticed that it is a widespread issue for the model year I have.

How about taking care of your customers and retaining them by making quality cars and standing behind them when that quality is compromised, because of a known defect. Your customers should not have to get together and file a class action lawsuit for you to do a recall and or warranty extension because of a problem you KNOW exists.
By noblenupe
on 06/30/14 19:21 PM (PDT)

Add me to the list. My Maxima started with the transmission problems just after 75,000 miles.