Same Problems
By 818 latina on
2005 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
I have had this car for the past 5 years and its been very expensive. The same problems over and over again. The transmission gave up, the Ac doesn't work, timing belt has to be replaced. I am a teacher and I'm broke. I have to drive 40 miles every day hoping this car doesn't break on me. I replaced the transmission already but now there is another noise. I need a refund on this car. It is not good quality and its leaving a lot of us broke during these hard times.
By kenshacaria4
on 02/16/11 12:35 PM (PST)

I have been having the same problem with my 2005 model maxima. the car jerks so bad. At times it seem like the whole engine is going to jump right out from under the hood and carry me with it. I think it is so sad that nissam will not honor this as a recall. I agree their customer service stinks. You think you are getting the top of the line but really all you are getting is the name brand and they are getting big dollars. I am so so upset about this matter.

By fedupwnissan
on 04/12/11 21:00 PM (PDT)

I agree. I bought my Maxima brand new In O5 and have spent so much money that I am furious. My car is paid for and I don't need nor can I afford a car note when Nissan needs to own up to this mess. We are ALL having the same issues. I really want for them to refund my money since I feel that they knew within the first year that this car had problems. To be honest, I feel that for them to continue to allow these cars to be sold to people should be against the law because they knew that well before the warranty ran out that it would end up being transmission issues that for most people would not be covered. I am so angry that I have filed compaints with as many agencies as I can. The dealer should also be held accountable for taking money and not fixing the cars. I spent over 1,600 in Jan 11 only to have to go back because the engine light came on in March. Of course they told me that it was a different issue so that they could get an addition 1,200. I filed complaints on both the dealer and Nissan Corp. The dealer had the NERVE to say that I wasn't a good customer because I didn't go to them for simple oil changes for 11 month (I went elswhere) what they forgot to mention in their response is that over that 11 months not including the entire time that I have had the car they have gotten lots of money from me because I didn't have a choice but to bring it in because it was ALWAYS in need of repairs of which I did what they recommend. They are all trying to cover up the fact that they have allowed the lemon law to pass by patching the inevitable (a new transmission) and that doesn't seem to solve the issue. I recommend that you file a complaint with Nissan by asking for help so that it is documented with them and also file complaints with all other agencies. Oh, and dont forget the news media. It apears that several people have allready starting to do this in my city. MAKE them responsible for this crap that they rolled off the assembly line.