2001 Nissan Maxima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
Nice Value
By John Dillon on 02/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Nice solid, reliable vehicle. I had a 200o Accord Coupe, and am much happier with the Maxima - more room and quieter.

Rocket
By rudepuppy on 02/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Maxima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Great car. Best engine of all v-6 in production ANYWHERE. Blows away newer camrys and accords. New accord has smoother ride but balky transmission. New camry is a gramma car, toyota engine troubles on older cams and siennas has soured me on toyota.

very good design
By kler on 02/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Maxima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have this vehical for more than a year. I naver had any kind of problem. Very good looking and lots of power under hood. I alwys feel like I am driving an extra ordinary can not like regular car. No noise inside even at high speed on concrete pavements. Very good excelration, braking and smooth ride.

SE 2001
By sog on 02/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car looks good, handles well,good gas milage, plenty of power, all comfort features, excellent sound system. One of the better cars that I have owned.

An outstanding car
By ISD on 01/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Maxima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is a gem! I have a Honda and earlier owned a Mazda and there is no comparison. At 222HP, this baby can leave others gaping at the signal lights in Chicago! We extensively test drove the Camry and the Accord before we settled in for this car. The interior leg room is the best for any car, even the bigger American cars have less leg room. There is no road or engine noise at all in the car. Its beautifully designed and has tons of space in the back seat too. This is one car which will last us for another 10 years (we haven't needed a single repair in the last 3 years).

2001 Maxima SE
By BV on 01/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Great car. Very quiet interior. Powerful V-6 even at 222hp. Handles better than expected for a full size sedan with 4 doors. Excellent room inside. fits four adults easily. Steering wheel radio controls. Big trunk. Seats are form fitting, but could be a tad "cushier". HUGE storage with FOUR areas for drinks,cans,cups etc....and holds them secure!! Huge center storage for CD's to even stand upright. Would easily buy the same car again.

My Sweeeet Baby!
By davekog on 12/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Maxima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

A true dream to drive...almost drives itself-->responsive, sure handling, gobbles up bumps on the road. Never a problem..easily the best automobile I've ever owned!

Just looking for roads with curves
By ACOO on 12/23/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 20th Anniversary 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Got the 20th Anniv Edition with the 5- speed manual since my previous 1988 and 1997 Maxima SE's all had 5-speed manual trans. I might have a biased opinion The automobile handles gracefully and is always begging for more. Exterior is complimented by factory installed spoilers and all around ground effects and interior is beautifully done. Overall, highly recommended if you need exitement in your everyday commute.

excellent car all a round
By cynthia on 11/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Maxima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car, I firt had a 1996 maxima, loved it now I've purchased a 2002. Great car, excellent!

To the max
By Scott D. on 11/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I work within the car industry and drive a great deal of cars from various makes and models ranging from all prices. For the price this car blows away all competition.