Worth it to me!
By sjo on
2005 Nissan Armada SE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)
I used this site for my research so felt I should leave a review. Was going to buy a 2004 Nissan Armada, but went for the 2005 model after reading the concerns about brake and rattle issues. I have a dealer friend who said the brakes have an added shim kit, and the console is new. This truck (SE 4WD) is for my wife, but I look forward to driving it on the weekend. I only have put 1,000 miles on it since picked it up on New Years Eve. The mileage so far is about 15 mpg, but the truck is not broken in yet. I went without the tow package and am glad since the gearing is slightly different. I drove trucks with both packages and at 80 w/o tow pkg you are at less than 2,000 rpm. With the other package you are at 2,300 rpm. This truck has more room than the Toyota 4Runner we traded in for it. I have owned Nissans in the past and have been happy.
Favorite Features
The engine sounds good. I went with cloth and think it is more comfortable, but my wife wanted leather (was not worth it to me). I never feel uncomfortable when driving, the seats hug nicely. I like the ability of folding seats. there is plenty of room, the truck seats eight. It looks sharp & I like the 18" rims. It seems like most items come standard, which is nice.
Suggested Improvements
Would have liked ~20 mpg in city. I think it will eventually get this on the highway as I drove another Armada 700 miles and got around 19 mpg, but had the tow pkg. I'm pretty happy and can't think of what to change, but have not owned it long enough to tell you what problems you may have after 5,000 miles. Make sure you shop around!