Used 2011 Nissan Altima 3.5 SR Sedan Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2011 Nissan Altima Sedan

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Style with Performance
By JMM

2011 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SR 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Sits low to the ground, so if hip or leg problems it can be an issue. Overall great car. 2011 was best year for Altimas. Easy access to controls and woderfully supported seating.

Want to hate it... but just can't...
By JWestie85

2011 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SR 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Ok... Here's the deal... The only way to go with an Altima is the 3.5 V6. After reliability and quality issues with our 03 3.5 SE, I swore, never again for Nissan. The 03 was quick and also luxurious, but simultaneously felt like it could just explode at any minute. Example: We spent $1,700 on electrical issues (straw that broke the camel's back) "NEVER AGAIN!" I shouted. Until.... My wife started wanting another one. "Here we go" I thought. Surprisingly though, the 2011 consumer reviews were overwhelmingly positive. Did Nissan really up their game? We took a chance and bought high mileage, but seemingly well kept one. (High mileage, as in 148,000). I've got to say, it's been a great car. Styling is not my favorite as Mr. Magoo could even tell that it's going to date fairly quickly with all of it's Transfomer's body lines, however, premium wheels seem to help aesthetics tremendously. Bottom line, I set out desiring to utterly despise this car, but it's just not possible. After 2 years of ownership, all we've had done is brakes, oil changes and a new set of tires. Nissan has proven to me that automakers can change.

Better than expected
By Jim Drummond

2011 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SR 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have the V-6 and it is a rocket ship. I cannot see why anyone would want more power. The CVT, so far, has been smooth and trouble free. (I can only hope it stays that way.) I have driven friend's BMW's, Mercedes and Volvos and swear this Altima handles better than any of them. Getting 23-24 in town and 28-29 on the highway which I find remarkable for a powerful V-6. I bought it used with 9,000 miles and just turned 30,000 with no issues so far. Only have replaced the air filter, cabin filter and regular oil changes. As a "Certified Used Nissan" I have the 100,000 mile powertrain warranty and hope never to use it.

Reliable so far at 45,000 miles
By Jim Drummond

2011 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SR 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Very powerful with the V6. Unlike some others I only get 23-24 in town and 29-30 on the highway but still that is good for a V6. Power is terrific. Passes with ease and no hesitation from the CVT. The sun visors are a bit small and do not really block the sun very well on the driver's side. New Michelin tires cut mileage about 1 mpg but improved handling.

Get out of my way with the 3.5SR
By az66bug

2011 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SR 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We bought this brand new and always get a new car every 3 years - I can say this one we are keeping longer.
Love this car, especially over the re-designed model that looks like a Camry.
I was completely sold on the Acura TL but wasn't 100% happy with the bold body style change so decided to check out the Altima after I drove in my buddy's 2010 3.5SR.
This car saved me thousands compared to the Acura and besides the savings I love this powerful rocket.
Have had it 3 years now and not in the least bit sick of it, will continue to enjoy my Altima for years to come (I hope).

Upgraded BOSE stereo system (technology package), leather seats, sunroof, body styling

Programable driver seats (I really can't believe this was not an option); back seat head room