2010 Mazda CX-9 Consumer Review: Crossover Best Buy

2010 Mazda CX-9 - Consumer Review

Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic)

Crossover Best Buy
By Dave on

2010 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

It was finally time to replace the 10 year old Pathfinder. In making our decision, the wife and I test drove the Pilot, Highlander, Veracruz and the CX-9. We were completely blown away by the the way the CX-9 handled. Believe me, you really need to test drive this vehicle to fully understand how well it drives. We went with the Grand Touring AWD model with the Bose / Moonroof and the Power Liftgate packages. We both find this vehicle very fun to drive and cannot wait to take it on our first road trip.

Some of my personal favorite features are: the Bose system, the Blind Spot Monitoring System, the back-up camera, the adjustable xenon headlights and, of course, the 3.7L 273 HP V6. Additionally, the 6 speed transmission is extremely smooth and the steering is spot-on.

The only problems I have with the vehicle are: the fuel economy is not much better than my 10 year old Pathfinder, the Bose system should have an iPod hookup installed as a standard feature and the 20" rims feel a bit choppy on rough pavement.