My first Mazda and I like it a lot.
By kathyma on
2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)
I've owed this new 2014 Mazda CX-5 AWD Touring for about 5 months now (purchased this year, 2013). I overly like it a lot. I narrowed my choices down from three similar vehicles at the time: Mazda CX-5, the Chevy Equinox and the Nissan Rogue. Here are my current conclusions from this very nice Mazda compact SUV that also feels like a sports car...
Favorite Features
* Gas mileage! * High safety testing! * SUV or Sports car feel! * pearlized paint color * outer design (and some of the inside design, with some exceptions) * ample room in front; nice distance between me and the door; it feels safer * windshield is large and nice to view; the side rails are not too thick to prohibit a nice view outside (not so in the Chevy Equinox; it was too "closed-in feeling") * SkyActive technology * dual exhaust * the molded frame above the wheels is nice looking (than the Nissan Rogue which looks "unfinished" with no molding) * Sunroof! * Standard or Manual Transmission * Bose sound (but it's not as good as I thought it would be; could be better)
Suggested Improvements
- Volume control; doesn't turn up smoothly; may upgrade this part in the future; also don't like how the volume on the steering wheel requires clicking up or down and then a beep is heard (it's annoying; you learn to not click so fast to avoid the beep); should be smoother. - Console has a shiny decor strip running across to the passenger side (above the glove compartment); somehow a random scratch appeared even though I am so careful. - No A/C to back; kids immediately picked up on that and complained about it. - It took a while to adjust driver's seat to a comfortable setting (I'm 5'9). - Something about the shark fin antennae. May consider changing color of antennae to black someday.