Lexus versus Camry
By papilio1070 on
2013 Lexus ES 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
This is a good car but it is no better than the 2013 Camry XLE. Ours is fully loaded with premium Nav and prem. sound system. It is all leather and rides the same as the ES350. Our Camry has more chrome and tinted windows. It has remote start. Our Camry is loaded with every option available and has more features than the first two trims of the ES350. We rented the ES350 along with the Camry, Avalon, Accord and Altima. We drove each car 200 miles. We did this because we got burnt on a 2010 impala. In fact the Nissan Altima had the best ride and comfortable seats of all the cars we rented. They have Zero Gravity seats and they are the best. Just couldn't trust that CVT Transmission.
Favorite Features
Honda went with the CVT this year and Toyota is putting a CVT in the 2014 Corolla . We paid 34,173 dollars for our Camry and that is with a 7 year 100 thousand bumper to bumper warranty and 5 year 60 thousand mile Toyota Care. I would not waste my money on a Lexus ES 350. It is just a version of the Camry
Suggested Improvements
Don't go the CVT route for your transmission or you will regret it.
By thew60
on 09/04/13 11:49 AM (PDT)

The Camry is nice but it is not close to the Lexus. The new ES is based on the Avalon, is bigger and has more rear legroom. The Lexus is made in a different factory in Japan to completely different standards than the Camry. The new ES350 is as much a Camry as a VW Passat is an Audi A6. But then again you drove a 2010 Chevy Impala, the fleet king of all cars....

By gemigniani1
on 09/24/13 16:55 PM (PDT)

I came to the same conclusion after renting - the 2014 Altima has the smoothest ride and most comfortable seats for long distance driving. The Altima is thus more of a luxury car than the ES350 for $15,000 less.

By 4x4
on 01/28/14 09:27 AM (PST)

I think maybe you compared to the 2012 model es350?

By akent35
on 09/14/14 10:32 AM (PDT)

In May 2013, I started doing research to replace our problematic 2001 BMW 525i. After eliminating cars in the same "class" (the Mercedes E350 sedan was close, but had leatherette seats!), I moved sown in class, and looked at the Lexus ES530 sedan. Nice looking car, but it did not have heated front seats nor leather seats as standard equipment. That's a significant disappointment, given that the ES350 is supposedly a "luxury" car. So, I opted for the 2013 Camry XLE V6. (We previously owned a 1996 Camry XLE V6, had it for 8 1/2 years, and definitely the best car we have ever owned). Truly happy I made that choice. Besides having heated front seats and leather seats as standard equipment, the V6 is EXTREMELY responsive, and it is way less expensive that a comparably equipped ES350.