Used 2005 Kia Spectra Sedan Consumer Reviews - 64 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Kia Spectra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2005 Kia Spectra Sedan

View reviews for a specific Spectra model:

Come on performance parts!
By azsnow

2005 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car for better mpg, and received a whole lot more! I have only had it for a year and have had 29,000 trouble free miles. It doesn't hold its resale value very well, but when you compare it to other cars in its class, you get way more for a lot less.

Good looks, fast around town, and very reliable.

There needs to be more performance parts for this car! The 1st to 2nd gear ratios need to be a little closer.

Kia changed my mind
By Laura

2005 Kia Spectra Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I owned a Kia years ago and swore I would never buy one again. We were looking for an inexpensive car and decided to try Kia again. This time I was very pleased at the value for the money. I haven't had any problems in the year and a half I have owned the car. Kia has come a long way in my book. I enjoy my Kia and would recommend one to all of my friends and family.

CD player, air conditioner, comfortable seats and overall looks of the car from the outside.

Offer more upgrades to the mid models; like cruise control or other bells and whistles.

Good Car/Sorry Mileage
By singnchef

2005 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We really like most everything about this car except the mileage. We only get 28-29 mpg on the highway and 21-22 in town. Dealer says there is nothing wrong and nothing they can do. I get better mileage out of my 91 Taurus with a 3.0 six. This is a good car, but Kia needs to do something about the mpg's.

Good ride; dependable.

Mileage improvements.

Is that a Kia!
By wessam ka

2005 Kia Spectra Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned it for 10 months now. This car cost $14k! It will still be convincing if it cost $20k. It is so hard to criticizing my car. It is smooth, powerful, stylish, well equipped and cheap. That's a good deal. BUT... it's noisy and needs a stronger engine.

Good looking, roomy, smooth; the money you pay makes a good deal out of it.

2.5 petrol engine, and other turbo. More work in the sound stereo. Sporty model with revised suspension.

Kia
By Anita

2005 Kia Spectra Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my very first new car ever! I just love it. It's easy to maintain--great on gas and easy to wash. Cleans up fast and interior is easy to keep clean also. Mine is ice blue -- sometimes it looks grey and sometimes it looks blue -- really neat!

Favorite features is the cd player -- has great speakers.

Wish it had an alarm system.