2005 Kia Spectra Sedan Consumer Reviews 4

2005 Kia Spectra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2005 Kia Spectra LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Spectra model:
Kia lover
By Tony on 09/05/05 10:53 AM (PDT)

2005 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Fun to drive, great gas mileage getting 38 on the highway. lowered my insurance by almost half. good car for first time buyer.

I love my Kia!
By misgapeach on 08/23/05 19:04 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a Kia Spectra in July and have driven it for almost 2 months. It handles well on the road and the fuel economy is great! I am a tall person, and the Kia has plenty of head and leg room. I like the rear spoiler and the tail lights. I didn't get a sunroof, but I wish I had. This little car is perfect for commuters and anyone trying to save money on fuel without compromising on style. I also like the fact that it has several airbags, since I have 3 children who ride with me. I recommend giving the Kia Spectra a test drive. The rebates were a nice incentive also!

Lovin' It
By Misser on 08/20/05 09:05 AM (PDT)

2005 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought a Spectra EX, with the moonroof, rear spoiler, and alloy wheels and I'm lovin' it. My husband is 6'5" and we were replacing my Chevy Lumina and looking for something I liked but he could fit into. All other cars this size (Ford Focus, Hyundai Elantra, Toyota Camry) all very uncomfortable for him. We went to look at a Sportage and while at the dealership I saw the Spectra, love at first sight, he got in and had LOTS of room. Took it for a test drive, loved the pick up it has for a 4 cylinder. Interior very comfortable, TONS of space, large trunk. The car is an optical illusion, so much interior space in a smaller car. Love the warranties, can't beat them.

My Kia
By Ms. Amy on 08/16/05 15:54 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Spectra Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I did not think this car would fit my needs but me and my son are having fun with it and it is very good on GAS. As we all know how expensive it is to fill up a tank now. This car is excellent for a college student, it's roomy and has a nice size trunk. I am very happy with my Kia.

My Kia
By kwinn on 08/10/05 17:43 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought mine on July 5th. Overall I am happy with the car. However I must say it lacks thigh support. After an hour on the highway my legs were begging for a break. The fuel economy is not that good either. I am averaging 26 on the highway on my automatic. Since I don't drive in the city that much I don't know what that's like. Its got a decent stereo and enough room in the back. Trunk is spacious and a great value over all. But if you have long legs buy something else. Cabin is very quiet on the highway, however tire noise is very prominent. It has ample power for a 4 cylinder. A/C is overworked and takes a long time to cool down on an 85 degree day.

Awesome Price
By DA_MAXX on 07/29/05 01:47 AM (PDT)

2005 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Had a 1996 Kia Sephia. Not impressed. Car shook bad when hit 70 mph. I've had '02 Honda Civic. This car is as fun and best bang for the buck. Have all the features. EX with A/C, keyless entry, CD, power doors, power windows, etc. Used as commuter 80 miles daily. Fun to drive. Haven't seen the advertised highway mileage of 34. Averaging 31. This might be because I drive 75MPH. Great car for the price.

Happy Spectrater
By jacob on 07/25/05 03:10 AM (PDT)

2005 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Bought the EX version on July 5th. Price $12,200 with alloy wheels and floor mats. Overall I am pleased with it. Things I donít like are fuel mileage. Not very good for a small car. Average around 25 combined and 27 highway only. Front seats are tiring for a long drive as there is no thigh support. Plus if you are tall or have long feet this is not your car. Interior is pleasant and quiet. Engine is mostly smooth once you are up speed. Tire noise is noticeable. The seats are comfy -- thigh support. Keyless entry is a great option and the remote trunk is great. Havenít had any mechanical problems then again I had only for 3 weeks.

2 months of ownership
By Norm Sheldrake on 07/19/05 22:37 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Spectra Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

The over all car has been great however the seat ratchet device has been a problem since purchase, The company has a new seat ordered and have to set up a time to replace it. All the tires are mounted on Aluminum alloy wheels; they are awesome however both the right tires have been losing air and have had to be reinflated on a daily basis. there is what appears to be a brake caliper noise in the left front wheel are since first purchasing the vehicle in June up to the present of july , 19th 2005. I started off with getting 23 MPG. it went up to 40 MPG. after having it in the garage for check up the mileage has deteriorated to 28 MPG. Overall, I truly love the vehicle.

Happy with KIA
By Greg on 07/18/05 00:07 AM (PDT)

2005 Kia Spectra Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Overall happy with the car. Could use a little more noise insulation a little thicker exterior metal and higher quality paint job.

Excellent car
By Rachel on 07/13/05 14:54 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is a nice car for the money. We are very happy with ours. It seems like a very safe clean car - we love it.