2003 Kia Spectra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Spectra model:
Spectra review
By Tracy Lewis on 02/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Kia Spectra 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have been extremely pleased with the KIA vehicles... I purchased a Sedona Mini Van 8 months ago and LOVE it...I appreciate alot of the standards that come with the KIA vehicles (air conditioning, CD player, etc..) I just purchased the Spectra and love it... there is plenty of interior room for myself and my son (who sits in a car seat in the back)... its a very smooth ride on the highway... and much more pick-up than i expected. There is also alot of trunk space (which is surprising b/c the vehicle looks so small from the outside...)

The next Civic?
By wbishop311 on 01/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Kia Spectra LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Since my purchase, I have been exceptionally pleased with my Kia Spectra. With tight handling, good pickup with a 5-speed, smooth riding, and sleek style, my Spectra has pleased me beyond my expectations. I have most options and would definitely recommend this car in a 5-speed style to my friends and family.

Even the base model is a good deal!!
By travisp11 on 01/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Kia Spectra 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

After getting tired of paying GM for spare parts for our 1996 Olds' wagon...we decided to go Korean. We bought our base-trim 2003 Spectra for $11,000(Automatic with A/C and a CD player)after rebates and feel like we got a great deal. It is impossible to find another car, brand new, for this price with this great of a warranty (aside from Hyundai which is similar). A friend of mine bought a Sephia in 2000 and after 60,000 miles his is still running strong and if ours should not be doing so well in a few years, who cares...Kia fits the mechanic bill on major components!!

Very disappointed!!!!!!!
By Denise Abel on 12/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Kia Spectra LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought 2 2003 spectras in May 2003 and am very shocked at the depreciation of these vehicles. We have two identical cars but they both drive differently. Mine has looser steering and my husband's feels like manual steering. We were told by the Kia place when my husband took his car in that this was normal. We paid $13,200 for each car (in trade) and now cannot get over $6000 for them in trade. Have not been able to sell the cars to private party because no one wants to buy them!!!! Very cheaply made! My husbands whole front bumper cover fell off and cost $1400 to fix. We are getting rid of both by this Friday.

The worse vehicle I have ever owned
By silky99x on 12/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Kia Spectra 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I mistakenly gave this vehice a good rating back in June 2003. Now just 6 months later, I'm about to take it in for a warranty repair for the 2nd time. The brake Master Cylinder went bad in NOV 2003. Now the Power Steering unit is leaking. So far, all is covered under the warranty. I gave the local service center a poor rating since it took them 4 days to get and replace the Master Cylinder. They told me to take my care somewhere else in the future to get warranty work. How bad can a major car dealer be. The worse. Never again, will I buy a Kia. I should have stuck with a Toyota.

Spectra GS
By sterlinco on 12/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Kia Spectra GS 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Has been extremely dependable though it does lack somewhat in comfort. Long distance driving can be tiring but all in all an otherwise excellent car

I like my Kia
By ds153 on 11/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Kia Spectra GSX 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I think the KIA Spectra is a great driving vehicle. It has many good qualities, such as a sporty body style, interior has alot of leg room, and comfortable seating. I have the GSX Hatchback, which has extra trunk space. This car has alot of nice features and the reliability is near excellent, I would recommend this vehicle highly, and you can't go wrong with the excellent warranty and great price.

I LOVE MY Kia Spectra GSX
By Donna Gorham on 11/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Kia Spectra GSX 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Since I've had this wonderful gift from my hubby to drive, I've had *freedom* again. I can get out to do my shopping, errands, and other necessary tasks which involved driving around the city. I do not have to worry about it breaking down 2-3 times a week. The fuel use is so negligible, I'm using less than 1 full tank per month. And the back seats let down so I can haul as much as I need to. I't my little beauty and I am quite please with her.

Great Around Town OR Highway Car!
By gmhummer03 on 11/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Kia Spectra 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

If you are looking for Point A to B travel. This car will do it for you. The A/C will freeze you. The Radio / CD player will knock your socks off. Transmission shifts like a sports car. AND it looks sporty!

Short Ride
By Chiefmelissa on 11/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Kia Spectra LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car on October 7, 2003 and totaled it out on October 8, 2003. I took the car through 4 ditches, with 3 culverts. I can only honestly rate the safety of this car. I was able to walk away with only a bruise and some stiffness. This car was my first brand new car and as soon as the paper work from the insurance company catches up I have all intentions of buying another. Price was great, and it did look wonderful. Steering was a little touchy compared to the 1994 Chevy Cavelier I was driving.