2003 Kia Spectra Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Spectra model:
Corolla VS. Spectra--2 months later
By vallet1 on 05/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Kia Spectra Hatchback GS 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Ok, I have to admit--I was wrong. I have had nothing but problems with this car. It has been in the shop 3 times (the closest dealer is 60 miles away). Luckily it has all been covered under the warranty. But, it is a hassel to be without a car and to beg for rides to pick-up the car from friends. I think that I can claim this car as a lemon soon.

Corolla VS. Spectra
By vallet1 on 03/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Kia Spectra Hatchback GSX 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I won a 2003 GSX on E-bay for only $5000. The car had only 13,000 miles on it. I thought that I would try to "turn a fast profit" by selling it locally for $8000. Well, I spent $200 in ads and brought it to a local car lot and after 3 months I could not sell it for even $7000. I had a 2003 Toyota Corolla and needed to get rid of ANY car I could. I wound-up selling the Corolla for $13,000 and used the profit to pay-off the Kia. I now own (free and clear) and have been driving the Kia for 3 weeks. I find the Kia to be a much better car than the Toyota. It rides better, looks better and is more comfortable.

Spectra GS
By sterlinco on 12/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Kia Spectra Hatchback GS 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Has been extremely dependable though it does lack somewhat in comfort. Long distance driving can be tiring but all in all an otherwise excellent car

I like my Kia
By ds153 on 11/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Kia Spectra Hatchback GSX 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I think the KIA Spectra is a great driving vehicle. It has many good qualities, such as a sporty body style, interior has alot of leg room, and comfortable seating. I have the GSX Hatchback, which has extra trunk space. This car has alot of nice features and the reliability is near excellent, I would recommend this vehicle highly, and you can't go wrong with the excellent warranty and great price.

I LOVE MY Kia Spectra GSX
By Donna Gorham on 11/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Kia Spectra Hatchback GSX 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Since I've had this wonderful gift from my hubby to drive, I've had *freedom* again. I can get out to do my shopping, errands, and other necessary tasks which involved driving around the city. I do not have to worry about it breaking down 2-3 times a week. The fuel use is so negligible, I'm using less than 1 full tank per month. And the back seats let down so I can haul as much as I need to. I't my little beauty and I am quite please with her.

sAFE & ECONOMICAL
By smulvey on 08/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Kia Spectra Hatchback GS 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

THIS CAR HAS PERFORMED WELL.IT IS ABOUT 300 LBS HEAVIER THAN THE SATURN SL IT REPLACED. IT FEELS IT. WHILE A LITTLE SLOWER TO ACCELERATE, THAT EXTRA POUNDS ADDS UP TO BIG SAFETY IF YOU LOOK AT PHOTOS OF WRECKED SATURNS AND WRECKED SPECTRA AT THE IIHS WEBSITE. WE LIKE THE SPECTRA A LOT. THE CAR HAS HAD NO SERIOUS FLAWS

Green lemon on the road.
By lemonowner on 07/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Kia Spectra Hatchback GS 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I purshased my Kia on June 1, 2003and it has been in the shop four times already. This is the worst car I have even own, drove or even been in because it is a brand new car and has so many different problems including but not limited to poor gas mileage, water pump, radiator pump going and a few more problems.

Spectra GSX
By AAS51506 on 07/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Kia Spectra Hatchback GSX 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I just brought a Kia Spectra GSX and I am so far satisfied with it. It didn't cost much and there are a lot of bells and whistles for its low price. Don't be fooled your getting into a cheap car if you buy one. The handleing is superb, very quiet cab, and an incredibly smooth ride.

The car has a perfect power/weight ratio
By kia_owner on 07/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Kia Spectra Hatchback GS 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This car is great for a daily driver and its power to weight ratio is great and its not that expensive! I drive one and its a great zippy little car with a 5 speed have not driven an automatic one. It comes with the 10/100,000 powertrain warranty because its hyundai's brother and it doesnt seem to stress the engine at all bringin the rpms to the 7000 range which is nice the transmission seems to be great I think you did a good job on this Kia

Pleasantly Surprised
By Hayes on 07/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Kia Spectra Hatchback GS 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

When I moved to the US from Canada I did not bring my 99 Honda Civic SE with me. I immediately went car shopping at auto dealers in my new area. While I was looking over a variety of models at a huge automall I came accross the Kia Spectra GS/GSX models and was immediately struck with its appearance especially from the back. I had actually planned on buying another Honda Civic/Accord or Toyota Camry but I decided to take a closer look at the Spectra GS. I took one for a test drive and was impressed with the ride and performance. I purchased a Spectra GS and have not regretted it for one minute.