2015 Kia Forte Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Kia Forte - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forte model:

Sporty Looking car with a ok feature list.
By Steven Cress

2015 Kia Forte Koup EX 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

At the time I was looking for a used vehicle to purchase after I seen how cheap KIA's were and the warranty they came with I decided to purchase one. I bought this vehicle from my local KIA dealership on 7/10/2015 brand new off the lot. This car has a nice list of features/options you are able to get and customize like any other car. I was always a ford vehicle customer in the past until I purchase a 2010 CHEVY Malibu (JUNK) which was a complete nightmare I hated that car so I end up trading it for this. I purchased the EX Trim of the Forte, because of the options I seen on the car I was impressed with the price value of the sticker. Comparing to other compact cars this is a great value that not many can compete with. Pros: -Warranty- (Keep this in mind if you are purchasing a KIA dealers may try to add on extras not needed) 10-year/100,000-mile limited powertrain warranty 5-year/60,000-mile limited basic warranty 5-year/100,000-mile limited anti-perforation warranty 5-year/60,000-mile roadside assistance plan -Luxury Side- Automatic Folding Mirrors Push Button Start Heated/Air Cooling Driver Seat Heated Passenger Seats Dual Climate Control -Technology Side- Back Up Camera Satellite Radio UVO System (AMAZING) Navigation With the UVO System you can log into your account and see your driving score and base on the score it will give you tips. -Performance- Handles Great around turns 2.0L Engine Gas Direct Injection Highway Driving I have seen 34 MPG Around my area is rural I usually get approximately 29-32 MPG Cons: Acceleration is a bit slow at times It would be pretty cool if the GPS screen is a pinch to zoom type of screen Feature list on website is limited even for the ex trim Wish it had some interior lighting for at night like on most the newer ford cars Resale Value isn't all that great on KIA's Carpet Floor Mats is a option that should be standard not paying extra for it (Pay $75 for it) Back up camera can be a bit foggy at times

Not sure I would buy another Kia
By Marie OKeefe

2015 Kia Forte Koup SX 2dr Coupe (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This car vibrates when foot is on the break...dealer says it is normal but I don't see anything that says it is normal. It also hesitates when going from 40 to 50. Gas mileage is awful about 18 mpg. Again dealer says it will better better when it is broken in. I have had the car for 6 months but it only has about 1200 miles. I am bringing it to the dealer again for its regular check up and hopefully this time they will check it out thoroughly. Doesn't impress me at this point.

The Forte5 SX Manual is a great car to drive.
By Forte5 SX manual owner.

2015 Kia Forte Forte5 SX 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This car excels in terms of design, comfort, and features. In addition, when an opportunity presents itself, the manual shifting turbo engine is wickedly good fun. Is this a car to take track-racing? Of course not, but the upside is that it's a pleasant and fun daily driver. However, know that the stiffer suspension disallows this car from being a comfortable highway cruiser when the pavement gets dicey. Nevertheless, if you're in the market for a fun-to-drive hatchback with space for 4 (not just seating, but actual space!) definitely check out the Forte5 SX. So far, my mileage has been about 3 better than the rated MPG from KIA, and that's in 50/50 mixed driving. I've also gotten (mostly) used to the much-maligned flex-steer. I rarely take it out of the 'normal' setting. On occasion I'll use 'sport' on a crowded, twisty interstate, and even less frequently I'll use 'comfort' when cruising on a well-paved, empty highway. Worth noting, even though UVO works well, the stock speakers are absolutely terrible. Given that UVO is such a key component of KIA's marketing, they should immediately discontinue the current speakers and use the Infinity upgrade materials they have available for other vehicles (but not the Forte . . .?). Finally, given KIA's incentivized sales approach, there is no way not to get a good deal. Especially on this under-marketed, under-appreciated, and undersold car. Based on all the info I can find online, I ended up paying less than inventory price by a couple hundred dollars.

Base model LX good bang for buck
By leighto

2015 Kia Forte LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

"Never thought I would buy a new Kia!. After driving a Toyota Echo for the last 5 years I decided I needed something bigger, newer and almost as good gas mileage. I have owned the 2015 Kia LX 1.8L for the last month and have been averaging a combined 36 miles per gallon which is better than EPA rates. Decided to go for the base model as it was on cash special for $12,500(could not refuse). Decent features for base model, with power groups and satellite radio and blue tooth. Huge upgrade from roll up windows Echo. The ride is comfortable with good seats and driving feel. Ride noise is a little loud, but what can you expect for $12,500. Blue tooth and voice commands work very well.

Base model features including blue tooth, voice commands, satellite radio

Base model should include keyless entry