Used 2010 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

2010 Jeep Wrangler

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

New jk sold to me with known Problems
By wtbuck

2010 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased this JK on May 5,2011 and noticed battery light was on. Then it was alt, then battery cable, then oil change etc... Just the start of the delivery from Hell. Can't possibly get all the lies and bs on here. To make long story short today's date is June 14, 2011. I still have no air and according to corporate no date when they can get parts to fix problem. All I ever get is I can't tell you that I'm not authorized. I thought I bought a new vehicle. I feel like they used this Jeep for a parts vehicle of course they say no. But they can!

Makes Me Smile Every Time
By alphadog10

2010 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I have the soft top version, and wow, with the top down, it's so much fun, it just makes me smile and feel happy to drive around town. With the top up, it's quieter than you might expect, but I prefer the top off every chance I can get. The only thing I don't like about my Jeep is that it's absolutely terrible to drive on the freeway. When I test drove it before I bought it, I really didn't spend much time driving it on the highway, but after living with it for a while, I sometimes wonder whether I made a good choice. This is my one and only vehicle, and I think it makes a better second car than a primary one. I find it terrifying on the freeway.

Favorite Features

Removable soft top. Rugged looks and performance. Pretty good stereo, you can hear it clearly even with the top off and going fast down the road. The heater is super powerful. Puts a smile on your face.

Suggested Improvements

More power - the engine is kind of gutless.

Love my Jeep
By Kent

2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

As my title says, I love my Jeep Wrangler Sport 4 door. Am not an off roader but instead needed a rugged vehicle with 4 wheel drive capability. This vehicle is fantastic and will go through almost anything mother nature throws at it. The four doors make it very convenient and the extra space in back is well appreciated. Gas mileage is decent although could be a little better. Highly recommend the Wrangler 4 door.

Favorite Features

Comfort of front seats and even though I am tall seating position is perfect for me with all controls right at hand. Fantastic in bad weather. Very stable and controlled ride. Handles extremely well. Hardtop is a definite plus. Rear space is good.

Suggested Improvements

Allow back seat to recline, too upright. Rear gate should be hinged so it stays open. Better fuel mileage.

Too much fun
By wolv

2010 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first Jeep and won't be my last what a great 4x4 a total blast to drive and a great value. Off road it's a demon nothing it cant handle if your buying for gas mileage buy something else, needs more power but I'm going to correct that. You cant beat the price or reliability nothing comes close in a 4x4 and tons of accessories to trick it out to your needs, but my truck got bad mileage and was nowhere near as fun to drive, won't buy a Chevy truck again got to have a Jeep

Favorite Features

the 6 speed manual is a must the automatic is for women

Suggested Improvements

needs more power from factory, but plenty of after market parts to improve that if you have the know how

"Salt Life Baby" it's a jeep
By allaboutink

2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Well I have had this for a few months now and was able to take it off road, this is by far the best jeep I have driving. I had a 2002 X series before this Rubicon and it is a night and day difference. The Rubicon is by far the best off road vehicle for a stock off the lot s.u.v. there is no comparison. I was able to go through every place and it did not even act like it was off road. This truck is a beast for sure. It is not a city vehicle if your looking for gas mileage by a hybrid cause you are not passing many stations with this vehicle, but I don't care I love it. I wanted a jeep for the off road not gas mileage.

Favorite Features

Love the U-connect Stereo and the Bluetooth is great. The off road use of the navigation unit is awesome as it keeps track of the trails off road.

Suggested Improvements

the only thing I really don't like is that when it rains they designed the truck wrong as it pours into the door when you open it, sometimes the freedom top leaks but its not the big of a deal as everything is water absorbent.