2008 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Review: Driving is Fun Again!

2008 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Review

Driving is Fun Again!
By Cheadlem on

2008 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I've only had the Jeep about a month but I am extremely pleased with this purchase. I've had numerous compliments on the color (Red Oyster) and the style (Sahara 2D) and have taken the top off and on multiple times as the rain dictates. It is easy and comfortable to drive in the city and on the highway. The sound system is fantastic and it gets better than expected mileage (~16 city/21 Hwy). It is extremely maneuverable and I can park it right beside my '03 Suburban in my garage and open both doors. I wouldn't have gone for the satellite radio or navigation system but they came with it and now I wouldn't want to do without them. I'm a Jeep man now.

Favorite Features

The overall package is tremendous. In no particular order I like: the three top options, the high vantage point in traffic, the myGig system, the seat support and adjustability, the rear storage compartment, being part of the Jeep family...

Suggested Improvements

The engineers have put so much into a small rugged package but: the door latches manage to catch passengers on exit & seatbelts flap in the wind. Another small gripe is the limited access to rear seats make it hard for 2-legged and 4-legged creatures to enter. A stock locking gas cap would be nice.