Used 2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

New to Jeeps
By BushMan

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited X 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I have always been a Ford guy so when I went to Jeep, it surprised me. I was impressed with the comfort of the ride although riding on the highway is quite uncomfortable. It does have a lot of wind noise but its a Jeep. So far, I haven't had any issues with the vehicle yet. I do have minor leaks through the hardtop which I figured was going to happen. I do have some rust spots too but other than that, I hope its a good vehicle.

Favorite Features

The hard top, it is very nice to pop off and drive around in. The cargo room in the rear of the vehicle, makes it real nice for a family.

Suggested Improvements

Suggest putting the 4.0L back in the Jeep. I don't like the idea of a 3.8 V6 which is also in the Dodge Caravan, and also have the option of a V8. Also try improving the gas mileage, I expected better out of a V6 engine.

3rd and counting
By TT

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 3rd Wrangler, '97 & '05 unlimited, before this one. I have had NO problems with this or any of the others. I see a lot of people talking about a 'death wobble' I have never in the 2 before or in this one had anything like that and I have taken many road trips that were well over 500 miles one way in my Jeeps.

Favorite Features

Everything, fun to see what is new in the after market field, plenty of great add-ons. This a great vehicle for someone looking for a fun ride that can be easily (not cheaply) customized.

Suggested Improvements

Better storage options. Bring back the '04-'06 unlimited version!

Loved it, but too many problems
By formerjeeper

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I was really hoping to keep my Rubicon for a long time, but it just had too many problems for only 40k miles. A couple of recalls, ball joints, gasket leaks, power module gone, and on and on. Also, the radio was toast towards the end. Finally, the body was starting to show rust spots, lots of them. Come on. Cars don't really rust anymore.. I enjoyed driving it, and it was great in the snow, but the quality control issues killed all of the fun stuff for me. I just traded it in for a new SUV, as my warranty was off, and I need something much more reliable. This could however, make a great second car.

Favorite Features

Excellent 4WD. The pop-off tops were a great feature. Also, the seat materials were cool

Suggested Improvements

Major improvements in quality control and reliability are needed. Rusting after 2 years is unacceptable. The other electronic and mechanical issues, after 30-40k miles are also unacceptable. Unfortunately, I could not recommend this vehicle based on reliability.

No more Jeeps for me
By Jack

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I had bought the 4 dr automatic Sahara, JK with the hard/soft combo top in 2007. Loved it at first; but when the transmission started slipping driving through town at 45mph; not once, but twice. No dash or computer error, and the dealer couldn't find a cause/problem. Traded it for a 2007 GMC 2500HD. Nuff said. I got 24 mph on the hwy, but I had made some changes to get that mileage.

Favorite Features

Hard/Soft top.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the da... transmissions, and completely paint the roll bar.

simple and fun
By ron

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my Jeep used about a month ago and I would have to say that it has been fun to drive around; everywhere i go other people with jeeps are always waving at me. That being said there are a couple things that they could change. The shifter needs to be 3"-4" longer and i have the half doors with zip up windows and it stinks when you are on the tollway and have to pay a toll. they should have an option of upper sliding windows from the factory. You can't even find them in the aftermarket. The paint isn't that great, already starting to show some rust on the exposed bolts and door hinges; but thats to be expected.It also needs better speakers. All in all it is what it is; its a Jeep.

Favorite Features

fun to drive,looks cool,top comes down, good in the snow, wife can't drive it(manual).

Suggested Improvements

better paint,longer shifter,optional sliding half door uppers, better speakers(you can't turn it up without it sounding like the speakers are blown