2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
My 3rd Jeep Wrangler, love this one
By Jeff on 07/28/09 11:50 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited X 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is my third Wrangler and my first 4 door. Excellent handling on the road but have already been stuck off road, something that never happened in my 2 door. But the family loves the extra room and comfort and it tows my boat much better. Love the easy to use top but have had some leaking in heavy rain. With top down the seatbelt vibrates loudly. Really miss my In line 6 engine as the 07 seems underpowered at times and reves high. Over all though this is a great vehicle with high marks in styling and curb appeal. With the top down on a sunny day it just can't be beat. Remember the Jeep Wave when you are out and about.

So far so good.
By brian185 on 07/27/09 13:19 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

A previous Jeep owner I was excited to move up to the 2007 4 door and it has not disappointed. I'm approaching 60,000 miles without a single mechanical or quality issue. Even the tires are still the original and I'll bet I get the rest of summer out of them. Obviously I travel alot and I also pull a fairly large trailer for my business so this Jeep is worked hard. It's not a sports car but I find the power to be more than enough, even when towing. I love this Jeep and will continue to buy this vehicle for a long time. Just thought it would be helpful to review after 60,000 miles. Good luck.

Love it...but worry
By Ben on 07/26/09 04:12 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 4th wrangler. I have had this one for 2.5 years. Maintenance so far is 2 recalls, rear brakes at 18,000, electrical problem with ESP light, new exhaust, wheels are starting to rust, and a mystery rattle from under the jeep which took 4 trips to the shop to fix. I absolutely love driving it, but going to the shop so many times has become a bit tiresome. I have thought about getting rid of it for something of better build quality, but then I get behind the wheel and I just can't do it. I do worry how much this thing it gonna cost me once it's off warranty. 31K miles so far, I hope the kinks have been worked out. Gas mileage is about 19MPG, and that is mostly back road driving.

Finally A Jeep for Me and The Family!
By TheMagicTiki on 06/24/09 18:36 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I have longed for a Jeep for years, but always needed something that was also practical for the family. Now we have both! I have to say that I love my jeep. Fun and easy to drive, great seating position, enough niceties to take the "rough" edges off for the family. It's plenty roomy enough for vacation trips or trips to Lowes. Compared to older models, I also feel much safer with my kids in the back of the 4- door. The sunrider top is also great... rain in the forecast? You can pull pull the top off the cabin in minutes without taking the whole top off. Yes, it's a Jeep thing... and I am good with it! Just try it for the ride before you buy!

Still love it!
By indyCalifornia on 05/27/09 12:27 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I've had my '07 2dr Sahara for just under two years now (just over 36k miles) and I STILL love it. I haven't had any problems so far. I have a hard top and haven't had any leaks whatsoever. I've experienced "death wobble" in my previous Jeeps, but I've gone w/o on this one so far. On the 2dr, the entry to the back seat is pretty ridiculous compared to my older models- we call it the "jungle seat" b/c tarzan would probably get in just fine, but every1 else feels outrageous. Passengers complain about comfort, but this is the comfiest Jeep I've had yet. I receive compliments wherever I go and I've felt completely confident each time I've been in a tough spot (lots of snow/mud/dirt!)

Blast
By GtrBt on 05/25/09 17:22 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Only regret should have got 4wd, haven't needed it but just want it. Love the 3 piece hard top also have soft top, great ride for a Jeep really any suv. Gas mileage is decent at 18-21 mpg. Its truly a lot of fun to drive and gives you so many more options, went from an avalanche and haven't missed it

I hate this vehicle
By Jasmine on 04/23/09 19:15 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

It's loud, blows all over the road, has bad gas mileage, it's uncomfortable (forget long drives), and let me ask: WHY would an engineering flaw that causes the ever- so-common "death wobble" be tolerated by consumers?! I cannot believe Chrysler hasn't been sued over this! This is a dangerous vehicle and I will never buy American again. It's also a pain to take the top off and put it back on.

2 years and running
By Gunny on 03/18/09 14:45 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Two years in and still a hoot --had minor problem with hardtop leak in torrential rain in second year --soft top never leaks -Hard top on OCT to APR, Been off road several times -very capable and bulletproof. Interior is so far so good and sound system is very good. Really good on road comfort given 4X4\ suspension -average about 18mpg --have seen 21 on highway and 14ish in total city driving (automatic). 3.8 has only OK power on road--- weirdly much better off road (been off road at altitude in the Rockies). Run full synthetic oil -no leaks. Vehicle has never been back to dealer so far. Better than the 91-99-06 Jeeps I am familiar with Still a jeep thing!!!

Only dreamed that I could own one!
By remmons on 03/10/09 09:43 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

My wife and I were looking for a newer vehicle to replace her 2006 Toyota Corolla. We needed something more practical for the environment that we live in. Being in Utah, where we have the mountains and the desert, along with the frigid, blowing snows of winter to the arid, hot summer days, we needed a vehicle that was capable of getting us around at any time of the year. The 2007 Wrangler four door unlimited was possibly the best choice for all of our needs. It gets better mileage than our Suburban, has more passenger and cargo room than the Corolla, and better highway capability than my old 1965 CJ5. Thus far, this is the better model of Jeep. I cannot imagine anything better than this.

great 2nd car
By Mike Garry on 01/29/09 16:30 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

use it to tow behind a Motorhome works great not a hiway vehicle. great for two people and a little gear. Wish it had more towing like the 4 door

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.