2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
New Jeep isn't bad!
By JeepJK on 02/17/07 17:04 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited X 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This was my first jeep and I had done a lot of reading. The new 4 door jeep is really a nice vehicle and so far I have had no issues. I don't agree with those saying it is underpowered - while any vehicle could use more power, I don't have issues. Gas mileage is about 17MPG.

The Real truth
By Mr. V on 02/15/07 05:42 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited X 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Awesome Jeep. Tight, safe rugged!

Versatile and fuel efficient (surprise!)
By pinondesert on 02/09/07 16:21 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my Wrangler Unlimited Sahara a couple of weeks ago and have been thoroughly enjoying it. It is not a racer but that is not the point. Whether on the freeway or on muddy dirt roads covered with snow it feels stable and safe. There is plenty of room front and rear and the cargo space is huge. The hard top keeps things quiet and the infinity speaker system rocks. I have the 3.21 differential and have driven for fuel economy. So far mileage is running about 24.5 mpg in a mix of in-town, freeway and back road exploring at 6,000' to 8,000' altitude. Expect to shift a lot at freeway speeds in the mountains, everywhere else it keeps up with traffic. It's my first Jeep. I love it!

Rides great but engine shut off once
By Peter on 02/05/07 09:40 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited X 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I've owned a couple of Wranglers over the years and the 4 door is by far the best version so far. Rides great and turns heads. Family of four, we traded in the minivan. Softtop is fine in the winter, no need for the hardtop. I noticed another review where the owner indicated the engine shut down while in driving mode. This happened to me once on the highway at 65mph. The console lit up, the gauges went wild, and then the engine cut off. It fired back up after a few moments but I had an 18 wheeler behind me and a pucker factor of ten. It seems to be an electrical problem as the engine was running normally prior to the event. Look for a recall soon at a dealership near you.

Two days and loving it
By Natec on 02/05/07 07:54 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited X 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Bought it on Saturday, this is Monday and still loving it. Hard top, automatic transmission. Very quite on the road, both city streets and interstate. If you will be carrying shorter people, definitely get the step rails. Lots of room in the front and the back, stereo is good, transmission and differential shift with no problems. Definitely a great vehicle now for offroading and daily driving!

2007 Wrangler Rubicon
By Justin on 02/03/07 15:13 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Hands down, the 2007 Wrangler Rubicon is the most capable civilian production vehicle in the world. Period. The front and rear locking differentials that come standard do their jobs, as does the electronically disconnecting front swaybar. In terms of on road comfort, you can tell that it's designed to be driven offroad, but it's still super-fun to drive. The tight steering makes is a joy to park and maneuver in town, while allowing you to dodge trees on the trail (or to create your own trail). The seats are very comfortable, the radio is great for it's being waterproof, and who can turn down the ability to drive anywhere you want...with the top and doors off no less.

BEST JEEP EVER
By JONW on 02/02/07 09:37 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited X 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I ordered this Jeep back in October, then found out that they had a leaking problem with the hard tops so I waited. I didn't get my Jeep until January of 2007 and it's well worth the wait. I had a 2000 Jeep Wrangler which isn't a family car at all. I didn't want to break down and get a 4 door family car until I saw this. By far this was the car to have. My wife was happy that now it is a family car but it's still a FUN car to drive. I can't wait until summer time so I will be able to take off the top. More people will be getting whiplash when they see a 4 door convertible coming down the road.

I love my 4 door Wrangler
By Peter on 02/01/07 14:22 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I feel this is the perfect blend between the toughness and utilitarianism of a Jeep and a family vehicle. My family of four fits comfortably in it for the drive to school and trips yet I still have the ability to take the top and doors off fold the windshield down and ride offroad trails in my Jeep. My mileage for the year will be more but I have not had it a year however I feel I have put a hard 5,000 on it and given her a thorough shakedown and love everything about it. I have found it hard to come up with a negative for all the positive things I could say about my Jeep.

2007 Jeep Unlimited X Wrangler
By David on 01/27/07 21:04 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited X 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I use to own a 2000 Jeep Sport Wrangler and traded it in on the new 4 door Love it! Going to take it out and get it dirty tomorrow!

Great Jeep!
By sycolamb on 01/26/07 18:53 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I've had my 2007 Rubicon for about 2 weeks now and I love it. I traded in my modified 2005 TJ Rubicon. I really missed it for a couple of days but after some mild off roading and a few rocks with the new 2007, I havenít looked back. The new Rubi is so much more comfortable and quiet. The back seat is harder to get in to than with the 2005 Rubicon and the 05's 4.0 engine with 6 speed manual seemed to have more pick up than the 07 3.8 with auto. I was really impressed with the electronic sway bar disconnect. It is still completely stock and crawled over some smaller boulders really nicely! This is my 4th Jeep and I would have to say the best one that Iíve ever owned.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.