2006 Hyundai Sonata - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:
Buikd quality Misses
By muddie36 on 01/16/14 06:29 AM (PST)

2006 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

There are certain build quality issues with Hyundai and I believe that this was good first serious attempt to challenge Toyota and Honda. But the cup holders are horrible and should have never ever made it to production. What was hyundai thinking? One can only assume that Koreans think that every drink Americans have are supersized big gulfs? (they did address this with the 2010 updates). The Sunvisor breaking arm issue should have been a recall and not a TSB. The Sunvisor arm breaks and then comes down while you are driving, so I guess it's okay that the visor comes down and blocks your view causing an accident. And the final pet peeve are the break lig

230,000 mile road dog
By guest101 on 01/08/14 21:59 PM (PST)

2006 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Sonata in 07 with 22,000 miles (previous rental). Overall I have LOVED my car, very dependable! There have been some little issues with sensors going off along the way, but just annoyances. My car has a ton of highway time, it has been a commuter for the last five years and never let me down. The only major mechanical fix $400 alternator repair at 217,000 miles. Otherwise just brakes battery, oil, tire maintenance. I give the interior a little lower rating as the quality seems a bit too plastic and I have broken visors, cup holder, center console etc-but my car takes a beating. Interior just hasn't held up as well as I had hoped.Seats are a bit uncomfortable for long drive

Outstanding value, power and handling
By aseries on 03/23/13 10:20 AM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Our 2006 Hyundai Sonata LX has 68,000 miles. My wife used it for daily commuting for 5 years with an occasional road trip. We are both retired now and it is mostly used for road trips around Minnesota and one or two long trips to Arizona and other vacation spots. It is by far the best family car I have owned. I have it regularly serviced at our local Hyundai dealer and I have experienced only one minor issue with rear brakes. Otherwise...zero problems. It is a joy to drive on the highway or twisty back roads. I am on my second set of tires and brakes. This week I will replace the original battery. We fully intend to keep this car forever, God willing.

Six Years and Still Happy Customer
By danbro1 on 03/21/13 13:35 PM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Overall, I am VERY pleased with my 2006 Sonata LX. I purchased it new in 2006 and have had two minor warranty repairs, a power window malfunction and an ignition key issue. I change the oil and rotate the tires every 4M miles. I have about 55M miles on the car.

2006 Hyundai Sonata LX V6
By mogulprinceton on 01/29/13 16:14 PM (PST)

2006 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I dont understand... When I fill my tank up it says 350 miles to empty every time but the MPG estimator say 318.6 CITY /477.9 HIGHWAY. My Sonata has 31,000 miles on it and its 7 years old. After while the car becomes uncomfortable on long rides a hour or so into the drive. It's hard to take off from a red light without the wheels spinning causing a ruckus. The body roll is insane when turning at spends higher that 15mph. The 235 @ 6,000 RPM and the 226 lb-ft Torque @ 3,500 Torque RPM is to much for the front tires.

2006 Hyundai Sonata LX V6 FWD Plush Ride not Firm
By mogulprinceton on 09/25/12 15:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Lets make something clear the 2006-2010 Hyundai Sonata's are not sports cars, its more of a luxury car. It has a very smooth plush ride but the suspension is the worst. It's not a good car to cut corners fast in at all. A lot of body roll. It seems as if when taking off from a red light to a green light at full throttle the front wheels can't really handle the power the engine is giving off so it makes the wheels burn rubber on the pavement which I hate. The ESC kicks in very quick when on wet or slippy roads. I was driving and turned a left at a 15 degree angle at 20mph and the ESC did its job even though I didnt need it to save me at that time. It should have daytime running lights.

Oh Hyundai...You've come a long way
By asb81689 on 03/19/11 21:33 PM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second Sonata, my first one was a 04. I have a LX with leather, and I must say, what an excellent car.. I'm beyond happy I bought his over a Accord. It's been a problem free car and rides like it's on clouds. My friends are amazed at the ride quality, how smooth and quite the 3.3 V6 is. It's not the fastest sedan out there, but it gets the job done. I really do like the styling of each Sonata generation, starting from 2002 and up. My Sonata is almost at 70K miles, and feels new. A teenager texting on his phone rear ended me, he had to be going 15-20mph, his air bags deployed, yet mine didn't (Thank god), and the best part is, there wasn't a dent on my bumper! Just a paint chip

Very Good Buy
By Anonymous on 12/07/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2006 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 2006 Sonata LX in April of 2007. It had about 3,000 miles on it. Since then I've driven it nearly 35,000 miles. This car has performed well and has had very minimal problems. The ride is great and the acceleration is more than adequate. The only service I have done to it besides regular maintenance was: power mirror replacement(under warr.), brake light sensor (under warr.), passenger sun visor broke(under warr.). I also had to replace some air valve in the engine due to stink bugs crawling up inside it...ugh. Thats nothing against the car tho. Overall, I love this car and it's been very reliable. Would definately consider buying again!!

Best I've owned
By happy owner on 11/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

With 5 years and 50,000 mi on my Sonata LX, I couldn't be happier. Only repair has been a sensor, under warranty. Good performance, good handling for a family-type sedan, comfortable. No problem with mileage - 19 around town, 27 highway.

No Problems but normal wear and Tear
By Feezy on 02/15/10 18:45 PM (PST)

2006 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have over 110,000 miles and I have had not issues other than the normal wear and tear item. Being a do it yourselfer I spent about 150 to change both control arms to get rid of an annoying squeak but other than that just the normal changing of bulbs, oil/filter and tires....

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.