2013 Hyundai Elantra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:
Love it!....so far...
By sinnerman2 on 05/21/12 11:01 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Elantra Limited 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

Bought the new 2013 limited with ALL the packages for 23,000 even. Love this car so far. the styling, the FEATURES!, the comfort, the ease of use, etc...All seems up to par so far except the best mileage I have gotten is an average of 28.6mpg with a mix of city and highway..and this is with the ECO mode on....I am trying to be paitent as others have told me that it takes a few hundred to couple thousand miles to start seeing the GOOD gas mileage it promises...I sure hope it gets there soon. Only got about 300 miles on it so far...But overall, this car is the bomb!! i recently test drove the 2011 Lexus IS 250 as I entended to "step up" my car...but this was even better than the lexus IS!!

Ideal Commuter Car for the Larger Guy
By lleopold on 05/21/12 10:56 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I bought mine two weeks ago after conducting extensive research on commuter vehicles to relinquish my diesel pickup to pure recreational status (I tow a trailer). I commute 74 miles per day to and from work and had been using my wife's Mazda 6 for a number of months. I'm a larger (250 lbs, 5'11") guy so I have a hard time getting into compact cars, so I really didn't enjoy commuting using my wife's car. I found that I could easily get into and out of this car! The form and fit were perfect for the commute and I believe this car would also be great for long-distance travel and bluetooth connection is perfect when I'm on conference calls. I'm seeing 36 mpg average and it's increasing.

my 2013 elantra gls
By steven39 on 05/19/12 10:27 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I was so impressed with this car's value that i traded in a 2012 elantra base model for a 2013 elantra with the prefered package that offers more standard features.my selling dealer whom i purchased my previous elantra from gave me a great deal that i couldn't refuse.this 2013 basically rides the same as my other elantra that i traded in however i have noticed that this 2013 elantra was built at the alabama plant and seems to be built a little better than the other elantra i had which was built at the ulsan plant.you can definitly tell the difference between the two.

Exceptional Value
By paul2013 on 05/11/12 08:03 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased an Elantra GLS with the Preferred Package about a month ago. After extensive shopping, even with very little off the MSRP (this car is in high demand) the Elantra really does represent an exceptional value and in my opinion just outclasses the competition in terms of features and styling. I was concerned that it wouldn't have much pep since the engine is on the small side but it is more than adequate and I haven't yet had the sensation of it being particularly under-powered.

2013 Elantra is Fantastic
By tjpavlik on 04/25/12 17:05 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

Our 2013 Elantra GLS is now a week old and has 400 miles on the odometer. After dealer problems (I don't want a blue one!!!). We finally bought our silver one literally right off the truck from a different dealer. The styling both interior and exterior is fantastic. Inside it seems to be about the same size as our 2002 Sonata. It has a lot of cubby holes and places to stow stuff. The sound system sounds great: XM, IPOD, AUX & CD. (It even has AM/FM!) Air conditioning is cold and on the 4th fan setting is downright breezy. Heated seats are the only difference between the 2012 and the 2013. THE GAS MILEAGE IS AWESOME! Averaged 40.2 mpg on the highway on a short trip. (Loaded, no a/c)

WOW, What a GREAT car!
By himpg1 on 04/25/12 09:00 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Elantra Limited 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

After 4 weeks, and 1500+ miles, we are very happy! We bought from Earnhardt Hyundai in Scottsdale, AZ. Carl gave us a super deal, and we didn't have any of the normal games that dealers like to play. It was FUN buying the Elantra. We bought at the end of the month!!We get the 29/40 mpg and more! It takes common sense, and a conservative driving style. We bought a steel wheel and full size tire for a spare from Discount Tire for less than $150. A jack, lug wrench, and spare tie down at a salvage yard for $12. There is plenty of room for the full size spare! We drive up steep mountain grades at freeway speeds with no problem.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Hyundai Elantra in VA is:

$149 per month*